From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.2
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:17:00 GMT
Looks good Rohit, thanks

> On Aug 24, 2015, at 8:10 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Sally and all,
>
> The voting for ACS CM 4.5.3 has passed, please find a draft for your review:
>
> #### Draft start ####
>
> <Date of announcement> August 2015 —Apache CloudStack, the mature, turnkey Open
Source cloud computing software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid cloud
environments, today announced Apache CloudMonkey v5.3.2, the latest release of its command
line interface tool.

> CloudMonkey is written in Python, and can be used both as an interactive shell and as
a command line tool that simplifies CloudStack configuration and management.

> Apache CloudMonkey v5.3.2 is the latest feature release of the 5.x line that was first
released in September 2013. The changes in this version includes;

A community-maintained distribution is available at the Python Package Index (PyPi) at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudmonkey/

> CloudMonkey's usage is documented at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+CloudMonkey+CLI
> Package documentation can be found at http://pythonhosted.org/cloudmonkey/
>
> Availability and Oversight
>
> As with all Apache products, CloudMonkey is released under the Apache License v2.0, and
is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. The Apache CloudStack
Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community
development and product releases.

> About Apache CloudStack
>
> Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
Open Source software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure
resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack

> #### Draft End ####
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>

> <image001.jpg>

> IaaS Cloud Design & Build
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework
> CloudStack Consulting
> CloudStack Software Engineering
> CloudStack Infrastructure Support
> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses