From Karen Vuong <karen.vu...@citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Getting Started Guide - CloudStack User Groups
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 16:31:28 GMT
Hi everyone,

Should we add a "Getting Started Guide" for CloudStack User Group meetups to cloudstack.apache.org?
This guide will be help contributors who want to start a CloudStack User Group in their region.
I can help write up a first draft of the Getting Started Guide. Would anyone be willing to
volunteer to help proofread the guide?

The Getting Started Guide will include:

1)           A link that points to all CloudStack User Groups around the world
2)           How to create a CloudStack User Group
3)           How to promote your meetups (creating tweets, posting them to certain event websites,
etc.)
4)           Setting up your meetups
5)           What to do after the meetups

I noticed that there are a few CloudStack meetups happening next month but they were not listed
on lanyrd.com (and therefore not listed on cloudstack.apache.org). #3 would help get more
CloudStack meetups listed on cloudstack.apache.org and on other open source event websites.
It would be nice to create more awareness around the CloudStack meetups that are happening
all over the world :)

Could we put this section on cloudstack.apache.org under the "Community" tab and then under
"CloudStack User Groups?" Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Karen