From Erik Weber <terbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Conferences
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 07:01:35 GMT
On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 3:45 AM, ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am i right in assuming that we no longer going to have 3 day long
> conferences and instead 5 separate cloudstack day events? It does makes
> sense as it helps with awareness, but..
>
> Looking at it from my employers side, as well as my personally - its a bit
> hard to justify a trip for just one day :( On average, a person would have
> to travel a night before and leave a day later to make the most of it. That
> is 2 days spent in transit to attend 1 day event.
>
> Lets see how this works out, but i really think we need at least 1 event
> that is longer than a day - so we can have a community get together that
> many would be able to attend.

I must agree.

Unless you live near one of the airline hubs you'll most likely have to
travel three days anyway.
In my case I have to travel the night before to get there before 1PM, and
as anyone would want to attend the night events (that's usually where I
personally get most out of the conference) I have stay a night longer.

Justifying a three day trip to attend a one day event is significantly
harder than justifying a four day (we usually arrive a bit later on the
first day) trip to attend a three day event.

--
Erik