From Adrian Lewis <adr...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>
Subject RE: CloudStack Conferences
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 16:30:10 GMT
Great!

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien Goasguen [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 March 2015 16:17
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack Conferences

On Mar 6, 2015, at 11:01 AM, Adrian Lewis <adrian@alsiconsulting.co.uk>
wrote:

> My opinion (not sure how much it counts but anyway)

It counts as much as anyone else Adrian,

> is that there are a
> number of problems here that could be solved with relative ease.
> Looking in particular at Dublin/Budapest, I'd say that these are very
> good candidates for merging. The issues I see with having these as
> separate events are:

So cutting to the chase, after having had several discussions wit folks on
and off the list, I am talking directly with Linux Foundation to see if we
can cancel the Budapest event and focus on the Dublin event. The two were
7 days apart and honestly probably impractical to do.

We could indeed, either add a day in Dublin as part of the regular event
or talk to someone like Paddy Power to have a second day off-site.

So your comments are spot on, and it looks like we are in agreement.

Let me get back to you when I cleared things up with LF and that we can
start on planning. We will need volunteers.

-sebastien

> 1. Being a relatively small community still, we should aim to get
> together physically as much as possible. Mailing lists are great but
> it's getting people together that seems to make stuff happen.
> Communities don't work well if they're split up. Clearly, a single
> global conference causes other issues but fragmenting unnecessarily
seems counter-productive to me.