From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: # of Apache CloudStack Downloads - Publicly Available?
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:31:40 GMT
Beautiful --thanks, Sebastien!
This is a huge help!
Warmly,Sally
= = = = =
vox +1 617 921 8656
off2 +1 646 583 3362
skype sallykhudairi

     From: Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com>
 To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
 Sent: Tuesday, 31 March 2015, 15:41
 Subject: Re: # of Apache CloudStack Downloads - Publicly Available?

As good as any:

25,000 downloads in 2014
110 countries
300 + known deployments
1500 contributors
1 major release every 4 months
Apache Software Foundation governance
Used by private and public clouds alike
Scales to over 10,000 hosts
Supports: XenServer, Xenproject, VMware Esx, KVM, Hyper-V, Lxc, bare-metal
Guest templates: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, RHEL, CoreOS and more
SDN solutions like: VMware NSX, Nuage Networks, Native GRE overlays
Storage: Netapp, Solidfire, Ceph, Swift

> On Mar 31, 2015, at 6:36 PM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone. This query just came in from Forrester, who interviewed Giles last month
for their Cloud report.

> Do we have any such metrics? I've sent them our "user list" from the tearsheet.
>
> Thanks so much,
>  Sally
>
> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

# of total downloads of Apache CloudStack? Just curious - we're using it for an endnote in
our update of our cloud standards report.