From "White, Kim" <Kim.Wh...@netapp.com>
Subject RE: Latest Blog Post
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:44:17 GMT
Disclaimer - Opinions my own -- I do not represent NetApp.

It looks like we are picking on one marketing piece rather than looking at the big picture.

Yes -- the piece could have served the community better with references to the dev team and
such.
The community membership can help make that tie in happen when we promote it.

I can see the community leadership position about promoting commercial interests.
Those of us not in that position can be much more free and less constrained.

Make no mistake -- the big picture is offering the world a viable community alternative to
"pay to play" OpenStack.
Commercial credibility comes from the logos and support of the companies that deploy and bet
their business on the SW.
Is splitting the hairs around the Citrix commercialization of SW distribution & support
really in conflict with the mission of the CloudStack community & the Apache Way?

Kim White
NetApp
408.822.3125 Direct
925.998.4252 Mobile