From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject discuss [ release process checklist]
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:07:56 GMT
All

Cross posting to  marketing & dev

I had the displeasure of reading this article this morning
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2015/02/23/openstack-vs-cloudstack-the-platforms-and-the-cloud-apis/

Initially I thought it was an old article that had been re-hashed, but then   I saw his reference
to our downloads page:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

which clearly says “Apache CloudStack's most current release is 4.4.2”. Hence this article
citing it as our current release (yes, theres other badly researched “facts” in the article
also)

Obviously, this had  just an oversight during the 4.3,4.4 releases and I understand when everybody
is trying to get a release out of the door, updating the website isn’t always going to be
the top priotiy

This leads me to ask: have we, as a community, got some form of checklist for a release ?
I’m thinking about all of the tasks (such as updating the website) “around” the code
release, however I could ask the same question for the actual release itself

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO