From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Negative Press
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:04:09 GMT
Hi Sunando
Well done for picking this up.
Its always frustrating when we read articles like this – but don’t be too downbeat, it
wont be the last!

But you are right – many people in the industry do associate Cloudstack with Citrix. Citrix
have been amazing supporters of Cloudstack (remember, they created it)  but right now you
are correct that the market and user base has a degree of uncertainty about their ongoing
involvement. I hear it every day.   Although officially Citrix are still committed t ACS,
the people leaving in droves and the reductions in contributions from that end only point
to one thing IMO.

Any individual (from any company) is free to  contribute as much or as little as they like
to an Apache project, and no organisation has any obligation to work in a project.  But I
do not think this lingering uncertainty is not  good for anybody (especially the Cloudstack
project) and fully agree that Citrix should be clearer around their strategy with ACS.

Cloudstack can and will survive if Citrix aren’t around, but too much uncertainty in the
media is sub-optimal IMO

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055