From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for 4.3.2
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 23:07:50 GMT
Rohit,

Sorry for just catching this, but 4.3.2 doesn't seem PR worthy to me (plus,
IMO, it's confusing to do a PR on an older support branch).

IMO we should just redraft this to look like a standard release
announcement (not press release).

Example:
https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/entry/announcing_apache_cloudstack_4_21

Does that make sense to you?

-chip

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> Service at the Virtual Machine level
> - Dynamic Compute offering - CloudStack now has the ability to dynamically
> scale the resources assigned to a running virtual machine instance for
> those hypervisors that support it
>
> "Existing users of CloudStack 4.3.x will benefit from any bugs found and
> fixed in later versions without having to upgrade to the current released
> version of Apache CloudStack," added Trippaers. "This is a very exciting
> new step --we anticipate continued bugfix releases without fragmenting the
> community over multiple release branches."
>

> Downloads and Documentation
> The official source code for the 4.3.2 release, as well as individual
> contributors' convenience binaries, can be downloaded from the Apache
> CloudStack downloads page at http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
> CloudStack v4.3.2 includes over 100 bugfixes since the 4.3.1 release. A
> full list of corrected issues and upgrade instructions are available in the
> Release Notes
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3.2/
> Official installation, administration, and API documentation for each
> release is available at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/
>

> Apache CloudStack in Action
> Learn about Apache CloudStack monitoring and storage performance at the
> next Apache CloudStack Silicon Valley User Group Meetup: 14 January 2015 at
> SAP Labs in Palo Alto, CA
> http://www.meetup.com/CloudStack-Silicon-Valley-User-Group/events/219618838/
>

> Availability and Oversight
> As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack 4.3.2 is released under the
> Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active
> contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides
> the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development and
> product releases.
>

> About Apache CloudStack
> Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated
> Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Open Source software platform that
> allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud environments.
> Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an
> intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute,
> networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources. CloudStack
> entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
> Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become
> involved with Apache CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and
> https://twitter.com/CloudStack
>

> # # #
>

> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache
> CloudStack", the Apache CloudStack logo, and the Apache CloudStack Cloud
> Monkey logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of The Apache Software
> Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of their

CloudStack.

> >> Hyper-V
> defined
> with
> >> configure
> and
> >> is
> VPN
> cloud
> local
> attempts
> for
> of
> >> dynamically
> for

> >> resources.

> ASF
> >> channels as well.

> >> press love to have someone to quote.

> >> announcement, we should use the "Project Announcement" format [1] vs.
> >> the "ASF Announcement" format [2], so this would impact which
> boilerplate
> >> we would be using ("About Apache CloudStack" vs. "About The Apache
> >> Software Foundation").

> >> release/2014/11/11/681958/10107518/en/
> >> tm-v5-
> >> release/2014/12/09/689680/10111490/en/