From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for 4.3.2
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 15:53:48 GMT
Thanks, Rohit.

I'm happy to disseminate once we have sign-off from the PMC. Also I've blind copied the CloudStack
press team for their attention.

Kind regards,
Sally

________________________________
From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
To: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, 2 January 2015, 6:13
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for 4.3.2

Ping? Please consider reviewing the draft for official announcement. It would be great if
we can get a quote from a PMC. Thanks.

> [...]
>  XenServer and ESX - SolidFire provides guaranteed Storage Quality of
>  Service at the Virtual Machine level
> - Dynamic Compute offering - CloudStack now has the ability to dynamically
>  scale the resources assigned to a running virtual machine instance for
>  those hypervisors which support it
>
> Downloads and Documentation
>
> The official source code for the 4.3.2 release, as well as individual
> contributors' convenience binaries, can be downloaded from the Apache
> CloudStack downloads page at http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> The CloudStack 4.3.2 release includes over 100 bugfixes since 4.3.1
> release. A full list of corrected issues and upgrade instructions are
> available in the Release Notes
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3.2/
>
> Official installation, administration, and API documentation for each
> release is available at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/
> Apache CloudStack in Action
>
> Availability and Oversight
>
> As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack 4.3.2 is released under
> the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of
> active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee (PMC)
> guides the Project’s day-to-day operations, including community
> development and product releases. For documentation and ways to become
> involved with Apache CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/
>
> About Apache CloudStack
>
> Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated
> Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Open Source software platform that
> allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud
> environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack
> includes an intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the
> compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources.
> CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an
> Apache Top-level Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation,
> and ways to become involved with Apache CloudStack, visit
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack
>
> # # #
>
> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache
> CloudStack", the Apache CloudStack logo, and the Apache CloudStack Cloud
> Monkey logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of The Apache
> Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of
> their respective owners.
>
> ### DRAFT ENDS ###
>
> On Tuesday 23 December 2014 08:31 PM, Sally Khudairi wrote:
>> Thanks, Rohit.
>>
>> I'm happy to help you where needed, as well as distribute across the ASF channels
as well.

>> A quote from the PMC Chair would be fantastic, as members of the press love to have
someone to quote.

>> Please remember that if this is a CloudStack (TLP)-originating announcement, we should
use the "Project Announcement" format [1] vs. the "ASF Announcement" format [2], so this would
impact which boilerplate we would be using ("About Apache CloudStack" vs. "About The Apache
Software Foundation").
>> A few days ago I was thinking about CloudStack and said aloud: "Cloud Today" --as
in "fastest to Cloud"--as a possible (informal) tagline. Perhaps this might be considered
as a message to underscore in our announcements. Or Giles's "It Just Works" campaign; we should
keep working it :^)

>> Cheers & chat soon,
>> Sally
>>

>> [1] http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2014/11/11/681958/10107518/en/The-Apache-CloudStack-Project-Announces-Apache-tm-CloudMonkey-tm-v5-3-0.html