From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for 4.3.2
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 16:48:22 GMT
Thanks, Chip.
I'll be standing by to moderate the announcement through announce@apache.org (if it happens
today, the moderation will happen straight away; if tomorrow, there may be a delay if other
moderators aren't available {I'll be out of the office for a few hours after 9AM ET})
If there are any specific media pings on this, I can forward Hugo's quote as background --but
only upon specific request, and with your (collective "you"; Hugo's/PMC's) approval.
Cheers & chat soon,Sally
      From: Chip Childers <chipchilders@apache.org>
 To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>; "HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com" <HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com>

 Sent: Thursday, 8 January 2015, 11:19
 Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for 4.3.2

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 07:45:36AM +0000, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi Chip,
>
> I’m not sure what to do, I don’t certainly need any PR on this. Here’s what I’ll
do - by the end of this week I’ll at least announce it on our various MLs and I’ll leave
the PR stuff with you all.

Here's a draft announcement that you can use...  should be sent to:

announce@apache.org
announce@cloudstack.apache.org
users@cloudstack.apache.org
dev@cloudstack.apache.org
users-cn@cloudstack.apache.org

+ the usual website update
+ adding the announcement text to the blog / tweeting...

I'm happy to do the blog / tweet once you sent to the MLs (if you'd
like).

Text below:

Announcing Apache CloudStack 4.3.2

The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the 4.3.2 release
of the CloudStack cloud orchestration platform. This is a minor release
of the 4.3 branch which released on March 25, 2014. The 4.3.2 release
contains more than 100 bug fixes since the 4.3.1 release. As a bug fix
release, no new features are included in 4.3.2.

As a minor release it is a simple upgrade from 4.3.0 or 4.3.1 with no
architectural changes.

Documentation

The 4.3.2 release notes includes full list of corrected issues as well
as upgrade instructions from previous versions of Apache CloudStack.
Please see the Release Notes for a full list of corrected issues and
upgrade instructions.

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3.2/

The official installation, administration and API documentation for each
release are available on our Documentation Page.

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/

Downloads

The official source code for the 4.3.2 release can be downloaded from
our Downloads Page.

http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

About Apache CloudStack

Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and
private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive user
interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software,
and storage infrastructure resources. The project became an Apache top
level project in March 2013.

For additional marketing or communications information, please contact
the marketing mailing list: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org

To learn how to join and contribute to the Apache CloudStack community
please visit our website: http://cloudstack.apache.org