From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Christmas Gifts
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 14:13:12 GMT
Great work Sebastien

I was going to get my 10 year old a Lego Mindstorm for Christmas - having seen your recommendation,
I've changed my mind

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien Goasguen [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 December 2014 13:41
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Christmas Gifts

[this is not spam :)]

Since it is the christmas season, here are a couple cool christmas gifts:

-Cloudify can be deployed on CloudStack:
http://getcloudify.org/guide/3.1/reference-cloudstack-manager.html

-Terraform from Hashicorp now has a CloudStack provider:
https://github.com/hashicorp/terraform/tree/master/builtin/providers/cloudstack

-XenApp can be deployed on CloudStack:
https://www.cupfighter.net/2014/12/implementing-xenapp-7-6-on-apache-cloudstack-4-3

-Machinina is a super small template for testing in cloudstack:
https://github.com/NuxRo/macchinina

-CoreOS templates are available directly from the coreOS build system:
http://stable.release.core-os.net/amd64-usr/current/

-Docker machine has two pull requests pending for CloudStack support:
https://github.com/docker/machine/pull/20
https://github.com/docker/machine/pull/82

-René has already emailed you about his Ansible modules:
https://github.com/resmo/ansible-cloudstack

-There is an Ansible Dynamic Inventory plugin for cloudstack:
It's a little bit hidden as an apache-libcloud plugin but works well:
https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/plugins/inventory/apache-libcloud.py

-foreman-cloudstack is back as a GPL v3 license:
https://github.com/citrix/foreman-cloudstack

-I just submitted a small patch for Stack Storm to work with exoscale it can be extended to
work with CloudStack generically
https://github.com/StackStorm/st2contrib/pull/66

-I submitted a pull request to have a Dockerfile in the cloudstack source code so we can build
a docker container than contains the simulator

If you know of more cool CloudStack gifts please share, and tweet it #christmasoss

Have fun and Merry Christmas to all,

-Sebastien

Ps: and for my shameless christmas plug, if your spouse does not know what to get you:
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920034377.do

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.