cloudstack-marketing mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for 4.3.2
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:35:53 GMT
Alright, please advise on the following draft based on Project
announcement format:

### DRAFT STARTS ###

<Announcement Date>

Apache CloudStack, the mature, turnkey Open Source cloud computing
software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid cloud
environments, today announced Apache CloudStack v4.3.2, the latest 4.3
based bugfix release of the CloudStack - the cloud orchestration
platform that "just works".

Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public,
private, and hybrid cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking,
software, and storage infrastructure resources. CloudStack became an
Apache Top-level Project (TLP) in March 2013. "<Stick a quote?>" said
<PMC name>, <PMC/VP> of Apache
CloudStack.

CloudStack v4.3.2 is the latest 4.3 based bugfix release from the 4.x
line which first released on November 6, 2012. This bugfix release
includes more than 100 bugfixes since the last 4.3.1 bugfix release.
This bugfix release is based on the major 4.3 release that had following
noteworthy features:

- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V - Apache CloudStack can now manage Hyper-V
   hypervisors in addition to KVM, XenServer, VMware, LXC, and Bare Metal
- Juniper OpenContrail integration - OpenContrail is a software defined
   networking controller from Juniper that CloudStack now integrates with
   to provide SDN services
- SSL Termination support for guest VMs - Apache CloudStack can configure
   and manage SSL termination in certain load balancer devices
- Palo Alto Firewall integration - Apache CloudStack can now manage and
   configure Palo Alto firewalls
- Remote access VPN for VPC networks - CloudStack's remote access VPN is
   now available for Virtual Private Cloud networks
- Site to Site VPN between VRs - CloudStack now allows site-to-site VPN
   connectivity to it's virtual routing devices. This permits your cloud
   computing environment to appear as a natural extension of your local
   network, or for you to easily interconnect multiple environments
- VXLAN support expansion to include KVM - CloudStack's support for
   integrating VXLAN, the network virtualization technology that attempts
   to ameliorate scalability problems with traditional networking
- SolidFire plugin extension to support KVM and hypervisor snapshots for
   XenServer and ESX - SolidFire provides guaranteed Storage Quality of
   Service at the Virtual Machine level
- Dynamic Compute offering - CloudStack now has the ability to dynamically
   scale the resources assigned to a running virtual machine instance for
   those hypervisors which support it

Downloads and Documentation

The official source code for the 4.3.2 release, as well as individual
contributors' convenience binaries, can be downloaded from the Apache
CloudStack downloads page at http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

The CloudStack 4.3.2 release includes over 100 bugfixes since 4.3.1
release. A full list of corrected issues and upgrade instructions are
available in the Release Notes
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3.2/

Official installation, administration, and API documentation for each
release is available at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/
Apache CloudStack in Action

Availability and Oversight

As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack 4.3.2 is released under
the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of
active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee (PMC)
guides the Project’s day-to-day operations, including community
development and product releases. For documentation and ways to become
involved with Apache CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/

About Apache CloudStack

Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Open Source software platform that
allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack
includes an intuitive user interface and rich APIs for managing the
compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources.
CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an
Apache Top-level Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation,
and ways to become involved with Apache CloudStack, visit
http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack

# # #

© The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache
CloudStack", the Apache CloudStack logo, and the Apache CloudStack Cloud
Monkey logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of The Apache
Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of
their respective owners.

### DRAFT ENDS ###

On Tuesday 23 December 2014 08:31 PM, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> Thanks, Rohit.
>
> I'm happy to help you where needed, as well as distribute across the ASF channels as
well.
>
>
> A quote from the PMC Chair would be fantastic, as members of the press love to have someone
to quote.
>
> Please remember that if this is a CloudStack (TLP)-originating announcement, we should
use the "Project Announcement" format [1] vs. the "ASF Announcement" format [2], so this would
impact which boilerplate we would be using ("About Apache CloudStack" vs. "About The Apache
Software Foundation").
> A few days ago I was thinking about CloudStack and said aloud: "Cloud Today" --as in
"fastest to Cloud"--as a possible (informal) tagline. Perhaps this might be considered as
a message to underscore in our announcements. Or Giles's "It Just Works" campaign; we should
keep working it :^)
>
>
> Cheers & chat soon,
> Sally
>
>
> [1] http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2014/11/11/681958/10107518/en/The-Apache-CloudStack-Project-Announces-Apache-tm-CloudMonkey-tm-v5-3-0.html
> [2] http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2014/12/09/689680/10111490/en/The-Apache-Software-Foundation-Announces-Apache-tm-MetaModel-tm-as-a-Top-Level-Project.html
>
> = = = = =
> vox +1 617 921 8656
> skype sallykhudairi
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
> To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
> Cc: sallykhudairi@yahoo.com
> Sent: Tuesday, 23 December 2014, 9:12
> Subject: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for 4.3.2
>
>
> Hi all,
>
> CloudStack 4.3.2 passed this morning and the release artifacts and
> release notes have been published now. The mirrors that I've tried so
> far have cached-up already. Please review the draft for the announcements :)
>
> I understand that it's holiday season now so I don't mind doing this
> after the new year's. I reused 4.3.0's announcement by Chip for this.
>
> We need a quote from PMC on this as well? Thanks.
>
> #### DRAFT STARTS ####
>
> Announcing Apache CloudStack 4.3.2
>
> <DATE>
>
> Flexible, scalable, Open Source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) used
> by organizations such as Zynga, Datapipe, and ISWest, among others, for
> creating, managing, and deploying public, private, and hybrid Cloud
> Computing environments
>
> The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer developers,
> stewards, and incubators of more than 170
> Open Source projects and initiatives, today announced Apache CloudStack
> 4.3.2, the latest 4.3 based bugfix release of the CloudStack cloud
> orchestration platform.
>
> Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
> software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public,
> private, and hybrid cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive
> user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking,
> software, and storage infrastructure resources. CloudStack became an
> Apache Top-level Project (TLP) in March 2013. "<Stick a quote?>" said
> <PMC name>, <PMC/VP> of Apache
> CloudStack.
>
> Under The Hood
>
> CloudStack v4.3.2 is the latest 4.3 based bugfix release from the 4.x
> line which first released on November 6, 2012. This bugfix release
> includes more than 100 bugfixes since the last 4.3.1 bugfix release.
> This bugfix release is based on the major 4.3 release that had following
> noteworthy features:
>
> - Support for Microsoft Hyper-V - Apache CloudStack can now manage Hyper-V
>     hypervisors in addition to KVM, XenServer, VMware, LXC, and Bare Metal
> - Juniper OpenContrail integration - OpenContrail is a software defined
>     networking controller from Juniper that CloudStack now integrates with
>     to provide SDN services
> - SSL Termination support for guest VMs - Apache CloudStack can configure
>     and manage SSL termination in certain load balancer devices
> - Palo Alto Firewall integration - Apache CloudStack can now manage and
>     configure Palo Alto firewalls
> - Remote access VPN for VPC networks - CloudStack's remote access VPN is
>     now available for Virtual Private Cloud networks
> - Site to Site VPN between VRs - CloudStack now allows site-to-site VPN
>     connectivity to it's virtual routing devices. This permits your cloud
>     computing environment to appear as a natural extension of your local
>     network, or for you to easily interconnect multiple environments
> - VXLAN support expansion to include KVM - CloudStack's support for
>     integrating VXLAN, the network virtualization technology that attempts
>     to ameliorate scalability problems with traditional networking
> - SolidFire plugin extension to support KVM and hypervisor snapshots for
>     XenServer and ESX - SolidFire provides guaranteed Storage Quality of
>     Service at the Virtual Machine level
> - Dynamic Compute offering - CloudStack now has the ability to dynamically
>     scale the resources assigned to a running virtual machine instance for
>     those hypervisors which support it
>
> Downloads and Documentation
>
> The official source code for the 4.3.2 release, as well as individual
> contributors' convenience binaries, can be downloaded from the Apache
> CloudStack downloads page at http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> The CloudStack 4.3.2 release includes over 100 bugfixes since 4.3.1
> release. A full list of corrected issues and upgrade instructions are
> available in the Release Notes
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3.2/
>
> Official installation, administration, and API documentation for each
> release is available at http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/
> Apache CloudStack in Action
>
> Availability and Oversight
>
> As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack 4.3.2 is released under
> the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of
> active contributors to the project. A Project Management Committee (PMC)
> guides the Project’s day-to-day operations, including community
> development and product releases. For documentation and ways to become
> involved with Apache CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/
>
> About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
>
> Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than one
> hundred and seventy leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP
> Server --the world's most popular Web server software. Through the ASF's
> meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way," more than 400 individual
> Members and 3,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely
> available enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users
> worldwide: thousands of software solutions are distributed under the
> Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing
> lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official
> user conference, trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3)
> charitable organization, funded by individual donations and corporate
> sponsors including Budget Direct, Citrix, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook,
> Google, Hortonworks, HP, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg,
> Microsoft, Pivotal, Produban, WANdisco, and Yahoo.
>
> For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on
> Twitter.
>
> "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", and "ApacheCon" are
> trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and
> trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
>
> ### DRAFT ENDS ###
>
> --
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
> M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
> PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add it :)
> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>
> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
> CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England
& Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated
in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
>

--
Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add it :)
Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England
& Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated
in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Mime
View raw message