From Johannes Schuster <Johannes.Schus...@student.uibk.ac.at>
Subject Possibility of an interview for research project?
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 02:26:35 GMT
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Johannes Schuster and I am a graduate student at the
University of Innsbruck, Austria.

Together with my supervisor Thomas Kohler, currently a visiting
scholar at UC Berkeley, and other graduate students from the
University, we are exploring how companies can build effective
business models based on a crowd.

In particular we are interested in communities/ecosystems around open
source platforms and what companies are doing to enhance and boost
activity/contributions within that community.

As we are trying to get a holistic view on that topic we are planning
to conduct interviews with company representatives as well as
contributors of those platforms.

One of the cases we will take a look at is the open source ecosystem
of Citrix.

During the interview I did with Mark Hinkle he advised me to sign up
to the marketing mailing list to get in touch with
participants/contributors.

Therefore, I would like to ask if someone would find the time for a
short interview during the next couple of weeks / next year (maybe
around middle of January)?

The interview would last around 30 - 45mins and will roughly ask about
motivations and incentives of participation in open source projects.

We are happy to share our crowd-based business model analysis with
you. For any articles that follow we can cite your comments or
disguise your input if you prefer anonymity.

If you have further questions please feel free to contact me

I wish you all a happy new year!

Kind regards,
Johannes