From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] powered by (and other) logos
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 15:30:54 GMT
Sally,

Can we have the source vector image, so that we can modify?

Two things I'd suggest:

1 - We change the logo that's used in the middle to something that
fits (perhaps just monkey, but I know others have feelings that the
monkey is too "friendly").

2 - Make derivative logos that have words similar to what Giles is suggesting.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Sally Khudairi
<sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Giles --
>
> The new "Powered By" logos and guidelines are available at http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/
>
> Apache CloudStack's "Powered By" image is at http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/pb-cloudstack.jpg
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> -Sally
>
> ________________________________

do have a form of relationship with the technology

> Previously, we focussed on “powered by”. I do, however, think IMO it may be a battle
to get many of our users to publically share that they run ACS

> But what about all of the other people involved in Cloudstack? People who aren’t running
their own public cloud

> For my company, I would love to have an ACS logo that says “we support” or “proud
to work with”

> Building on from that for other orgs, how about “contributor to” or “we integrate
with”, “we use”

> We could even go with “project committer”, etc for indoviduals
>
> Basically, a set of pre-worded logos  (theyre all just the ACS logo, but with different
words) .

> Heres the thing : as they are pre-worded, and they clearly define the relationship, I’m
hoping that we don’t need to police their usage too heavily. I don’t think people should
have to get specific permission from VP Brand to use these

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> Giles Sirett
> CEO

> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com| www.shapeblue.com| Twitter:@shapeBlue

> IaaS Cloud Design & Build
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework
> CloudStack Consulting
> CloudStack Software Engineering
> CloudStack Infrastructure Support
> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses