From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.3.0 release
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 04:32:54 GMT
Sure, so should I go ahead with the announcements on the CloudStack lists after 6PM tonight
or 6AM tomorrow?

> On 11-Nov-2014, at 12:19 am, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks so much, Rohit.
>
> I'm perfectly fine with you disseminating the announcement to the CloudStack lists. Thanks
for offering to help with this!

> I'll wait to hear back from the community. If there are no comments/objections received
by 6PM ET tonight, I'll plan on announcing tomorrow at 6AM.

> Cheers & chat soon,
>  Sally
>

> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

like me to do the announcement on cloudstack lists (announcements, dev, user, marketing etc.)
as I did last time or if you or any of the PMC/marketing leaders should do it? We’ll go
with what you advise. Thanks.

> > On 10-Nov-2014, at 10:57 pm, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks so much, Rohit.
> >
> > When would you like to announce? Tomorrow? If so, we can go live as early as 6AM
ET barring any pushback from the CloudStack marketing@, press@, or PMC teams (bcc'd) . Please
let me know if there are any show-stoppers here.

> > Also, to ensure that our punchlist is properly managed, here's what I plan to do
execution-wise:

> > - put announcement out on
> https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/
>
> > - tweet at
> https://twitter.com/CloudStack and https://twitter.com/TheASF
>
> > - issue to announce@apache.org and our media/analyst list
> >
> > I know the announcement has to also go to the dev@ and other lists --can someone
please coordinate this?

> > Thanking you in advance,
> > Sally
> >

> > ________________________________

-1 binding votes). Here is the announcement draft for your consideration and review:

> > #### Draft start ####
> >
> > <Date of announcement> November 2014 —Apache CloudStack, the mature, turnkey
Open Source cloud computing software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid
cloud environments, today announced Apache CloudMonkey v5.3.0, the latest feature release
of its command line interface tool.

> > CloudMonkey is written in Python, and can be used both as an interactive shell and
as a command line tool that simplifies CloudStack configuration and management.

> > Apache CloudMonkey v5.3.0 is the latest feature release of the 5.x line that was
first released in September 2013. Some of the new features and changes include:

> > • Unicode support in CloudMonkey;
> > • Better autocompletion for API arguments, filter arguments and config options;
> > • Current server profile is displayed on the prompt;
> > • Changing server profile prints masked values of passwords and keys;
> > • New command line argument -d for display options such as default, json and table;
> > • New config option “verifysslcert” that enables/disables SSL certificate
checking when making HTTP API calls;

at the Python Package Index (PyPi) at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudmonkey/

> > CloudMonkey's usage is documented at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+CloudMonkey+CLI
>
> > Package documentation can be found at
> http://pythonhosted.org/cloudmonkey/
>

> > Availability and Oversight
> >
> > As with all Apache products, CloudMonkey is released under the Apache License v2.0,
and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. The Apache
CloudStack Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations,
including community development and product releases.

> > About Apache CloudStack
> >
> > Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
Open Source software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure
resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack
>

> > #### Draft End ####
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rohit Yadav
> > Software Architect, ShapeBlue
> > M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> > Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
> >

> > Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
> >
> > IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
> http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//
> >
> > CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<
> http://shapeblue.com/csforge/
> >
> > CloudStack Consulting<
> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/
> >
> > CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/
> >
> > CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/
> >

> > This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue

> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
> http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//
> >
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<
> http://shapeblue.com/csforge/
> >
> CloudStack Consulting<
> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/
> >
> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<