From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [discuss] powered by (and other) logos
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:06:37 GMT
I cant remember where the previous discussions on this got to, so excuse me if I'm going back
over old territory

I would like a set of logos that allow different people to show that they have got a "relationship"
with ACS.
I know Technically, companies have no relationship with the ASF or the project but they do
have a form of relationship with the technology

Previously, we focussed on "powered by". I do, however, think IMO it may be a battle to get
many of our users to publically share that they run ACS

But what about all of the other people involved in Cloudstack? People who aren't running their
own public cloud

For my company, I would love to have an ACS logo that says "we support" or "proud to work
with"

Building on from that for other orgs, how about "contributor to" or "we integrate with", "we
use"

We could even go with "project committer", etc for indoviduals

Basically, a set of pre-worded logos  (theyre all just the ACS logo, but with different words)
.

Heres the thing : as they are pre-worded, and they clearly define the relationship, I'm hoping
that we don't need to police their usage too heavily. I don't think people should have to
get specific permission from VP Brand to use these

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO