From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [discuss] powered by (and other) logos
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:29:19 GMT
Hi guys

Sorry, I’ve been running around like a crazy-man this week so fell off this thread.
Sally – thanks for getting this idea progressed.
I just looked at the “powered by” for the first time

It looks very professional, but I have one overriding concern (sort of in-line with Chips)

If we take the logo,as is, the ACS logo itself, is actually very small compared with the circle
(it has to be to fit in a circle)

Knock on ffect,: the fonts of “powered by” are (guess) 4 x the size of the Cloudstack
words

The problem is, if I scale this down to a size that I would use on a website/brochure/etc
 - the ACS logo is so small its unreadable.
My guess is, this would probably get used at about 25% of its actual size in many places –
and at that scale, the ACS logo is a tiny blur of blue & grey

An option would be to just use the monkey – but, IMO, the monkey isn’t well known enough
to use without the text. Hadoop may get away with that, but I don’t think we can.

As far as I can see, the options are:

1.       Try to come up with an ACS logo that better fits the circle (although I would be
loathed to change our logo)

2.       Move the project name to the Circle  - so that says “powered by Apache [project
name]”

3.       Rethink this completely

Thoughts ?

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055