From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Discover PICO Ikoula's new VM
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:48:43 GMT
No, I doubt anybody on this list is going to rush out and buy an instance from Ikoula. And
I agree, that spam is a pain

But this is a *marketing* list  - and I would love to hear more stories from folks doing things
 with Cloudstack; if that means hearing some of their gotomarket then so be it. Some will
be good, some will be dull and a few may be great. We need to hear those great stories.

That email wasn’t sent from a DB, Anne-Claire sent it herself. I guess because she thought
people may be interested (and I'm sure she also hopes that some of us may buy something or
tell our friends to buy something) and has basically got a message saying "don’t do that
again". IMO that is bad form, especially after I pointed out that they are active supporters
of this community.

So, when Ikoula do announce their *great* thing - we wont hear about it.

A while back Anne-Claire sent a similar email (they had been graded as no2 cloud provider
in France behind SomebodyiCantRemember). It, too, was just a piece of marketing from them

It resulted in this:
@Ikoula beat @Cloudwatt in EVERY ranking for French #iaas market.
journaldunet.com/solutions/clou…
guess what its built on ?
#cloudstackworks

And also partly contributed to a French journo contacting me to  write a  piece about Cloudstack
http://www.lemondeinformatique.fr/les-dossiers/lire-openstack-clef-de-voute-du-cloud-open-source-666.html

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com