From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Discover PICO Ikoula's new VM
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 18:29:31 GMT
On Thu, Nov 6, 2014, at 12:05 PM, Mark Hinkle wrote:
> I think any offer or indication of a product or service that features
> CloudStack would be fine to the marketing list.

That depends a bit.

People generally don't sign up for a project marketing list to receive
marketing communication, they sign up to work on marketing for the
project.

Acme Corp sending a note to say "hey, here's how we used CloudStack"
that mentions their final product is great. A sales pitch, not so much,
even if it happens to use CloudStack (or whatever).

> I think this set-off a lot of spam filters because their were 7 image
> attachments.

That certainly didn't help. But 0 mention of CloudStack plus pricing
information looks a lot like spam to me.

> I think a plain text email is preferred since it's a mailing list.
> I think it's cool that a CloudStack-based solution is being promoted here
> or anywhere else and we should welcome that.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier