From "Mark R. Hinkle" <mrhin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FINAL CALL: Apache CloudStack v4.4.1 announcement [was Re: 4.4.1]
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 22:49:50 GMT
I  know we are delighted and excited but this is a rather awkward quote. How about excited
or delighted but not both?

> We are delighted and excited to be releasing version 4.4.1 of Apache CloudStack,

Mark

On Oct 21, 2014, at 6:27 PM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> OK, I have sign-off from Giles. Below is the final version.
>
> I'll drop you a note when we go live tomorrow.
>
> Thanks, everyone!
>
> = = =
>
> Announcing Apache™ CloudStack™ v4.4.1
>
> Mature, easy-to-deploy Open Source Cloud computing software platform boasts improved
efficiency and performance.

> Forest Hill, MD —22 October 2014— The Apache CloudStack project today announced the
immediate availability of Apache CloudStack v4.4.1, the latest version of the turnkey Open
Source cloud computing software platform used for creating private-, public-, and hybrid cloud
environments.

> Apache CloudStack clouds enable billions of dollars' worth of business transactions annually
across their clouds, and its maturity and stability has led it to has become the Open Source
platform for many service providers to set up on-demand, elastic public cloud computing services,
as well as enterprises and others to set up a private or hybrid cloud for use by their own
employees.

> "We are delighted and excited to be releasing version 4.4.1 of Apache CloudStack," said
Giles Sirett, member of the Apache CloudStack Project Management Committee. "This latest version
of CloudStack reflects months of hard work by our diverse developer community and brings even
more features to help our service-provider and enterprise users enhance their cloud platforms.
Apache CloudStack continues to grow in both deployments and developer community size, and
is the platform of choice for thousands of organisations that need to build IaaS environments
quickly and securely with a proven, production-grade, technology."

> Lauded by Gartner Group, CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface and rich APIs
for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources.

athttp://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.4.1/

> CloudStack has been used by thousands of organizations worldwide and is in use/production
at Alcatel-Lucent, Autodesk, BT Cloud, China Telecom, DATACAENTER Services, DataPipe, Edmunds.com,
Exoscale, GreenQloud, Hokkaido University, IDC Frontier, Ikoula, KDDI, KT/Korea Telecom, LeaseWeb,
NTT, Orange, PCextreme, Schuberg Philis, Shopzilla, Slovak Telekom, SunGard AS, Taiwan Mobile,
Tata, Trader Media Group, TomTom, University of Melbourne, University of Sao Paolo, Verizon,
WebMD and Zynga, among others.

> CloudStack originated at Cloud.com, which was acquired by Citrix in 2011. CloudStack
was submitted to the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and graduated as an Apache Software Foundation
Top-level Project in March 2013.

> Availability
> CloudStack v4.4.1 is available immediately as a free download from http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html.
Apache CloudStack software is released under the Apache License v2.0.

> Governance and Oversight
> Apache CloudStack is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project.
A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including
community development and product releases.

> Get Involved!
> Apache CloudStack welcomes contribution and community participation through mailing lists
as well as attending face-to-face MeetUps, developer trainings, and user events. Catch CloudStack
in action at the CloudStack Collaboration Conference, the official user/developer conference
of the Apache CloudStack community, 19-21 November 2014 in Budapest, Hungary @CCCEU14 and
http://cloudstackcollab.org

> About Apache CloudStack
> Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
Open Source software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure
resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack

> # # #
>
> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", the Apache
CloudStack logo, and the Apache CloudStack Cloud Monkey logo are registered trademarks or
trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property
of their respective owners.

> [MEDIA CONTACT:SALLY]

you a member of the Apache CloudStack PMC or are you a Committer? (We'll need to include some
sort of Apache affiliation here, as it's a project announcment, originating from the ASF)

> Also, I've edited the quote to read:
>
> "We are delighted and excited to be releasing version 4.4.1 of Apache CloudStack," said
Giles Sirett, TITLE. "This latest version of CloudStack reflects months of hard work by our
diverse developer community and brings even more features to help our service-provider and
enterprise users enhance their cloud platforms. Apache CloudStack continues to grow in both
deployments and developer community size, and is the platform of choice for thousands of organisations
that need to build IaaS environments quickly and securely with a proven, production-grade,
technology."

> I presume you're OK with this, yes?
>
> Many thanks again,
> Sally

public, private or hybrid cloud platforms. Despite not always grabbing the headlines, Apache
CloudStack  continues to grow in both deployments and developer community size. CloudStack
is already in use in thousands of  organisations and continues to be the platform of choice
for organisations that need to build IaaS environments quickly and securely with a proven,
production-grade, technology.

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

at 6AM ET and will notify you when that has happened.

> [...]
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure
resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/and https://twitter.com/CloudStack

> # # #
>
> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", the Apache
CloudStack logo, and the Apache CloudStack Cloud Monkey logo are registered trademarks or
trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property

without the quote. I know he wouldn't hesitate to give one.
> mobile dev with bilingual spelling checker used (read at your own risk)

> IaaS Cloud Design & Build
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework
> CloudStack Consulting
> CloudStack Infrastructure Support
> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.