From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: ACTION Requested - Forrester Research Private Cloud Software Report - Fact Check Confirmation
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:35:05 GMT
I wish we could refer to VMOps’ original release date, instead of ACS. I believe that’d
change it back to 2008, showing further maturity.

John

On Aug 26, 2014, at 12:10 PM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com<mailto:sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>>
wrote:

Geralyn and team --here you go!

[From the mobile; please excuse spelling/spacing errors and brevity]

----- Forwarded message -----
From: "Caputo, Michael" <mcaputo@forrester.com<mailto:mcaputo@forrester.com>>
To: "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org<mailto:sk@apache.org>>
Cc: "press@apache.org<mailto:press@apache.org>" <press@apache.org<mailto:press@apache.org>>
Subject: ACTION Requested - Forrester Research Private Cloud Software Report - Fact Check
Confirmation
Date: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 14:26

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the note - and yes that's fine, I've pasted the rest of the entries below - please
bear in mind that this report is a work in progress so it is not fully complete. I have some
updates for you all on this process:

-We've pushed the deadline out to a week instead of 48 hours. Given that its Labor Day weekend,
we'd like responses by Wednesday 9/3 if at all possible.

-Please note that this is a follow up report to our "Vendor Landscape: Private Cloud Overview"
report which will be going live later this week. This is not an evaluation piece, but rather
a reference point for our enterprise customers on your solution listed, along with 20+ other
software only private cloud solutions. In this report, we break down terminology between cloud
platforms, cloud management, and full private cloud suites and the functionality contained
within each.

-Additionally, please be advised that we will NOT be accepting briefings as part of this report
process. You are welcome to schedule a briefing through our briefings team, but this will
not delay publication of this report. Please provide feedback using this survey (link here<https://docs.google.com/a/forrester.com/forms/d/14rNeDu9R5mR6OD_8qxcOHYUm7ZOkDEIR-qB8uSNUh3s/viewform?usp=send_form>).
We will NOT be accepting feedback via email or phone inquiry.

I hope this information is helpful, please reach out to me directly if you have any questions
at all!

Best,
Mike

Vendor name     Cloud management        Cloud platform  Software list   Version release date
   Original release date   Customer # Estimate     OpenStack       CloudStack      vCloud
Director Perpetual license       Annual term license     Monthly billing Free
Apache*         x       Apache CloudStack 4.3   1/1/2014        5/1/2010        N/A
ASG     x       x       ASG CloudFactory v 7.3.1        12/1/2013       2/1/2012        120+
           x                       x
BMC     x       x       BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management v4.0, BMC Cloud Operations Manager
v9.01 5/1/2014        4/1/2009        200                                     x
CA      x       x       CA Automation Suite for Clouds v1.6     6/1/2011        6/1/2014
      200+                            x
Cisco   x       x       Cisco Intelligent Automation Center, Cisco UCS Director Jan. 2014/
Dec. 2013    Jan. 2011/ 2009 100+                                    x
Citrix  x       x       Citrix CloudPlatform, Citrix CloudPortal Business Manager 2.0   June
2010/June 2011     March 2014/May 2014     200+            x                       x
CliQr   x               CliQr CloudCenter       2014    6/1/2012        40
Cloudscaling    x       x       Cloudscaling Open Cloud System 2.6      2014    2014    5+
     x                               x
Connectloud     x       x       Connectloud uCloud v2.0 10/1/2013       6/1/2013        >10
Dell    x               Dell Cloud Manager (formerly Enstratius)                        100+
   x                               x       x
Egenera x       x       Egenera Cloud Suite             6/1/2012        > 100
Embotics        x       x       Embotics Cloud Management Software      4/1/2014        11/1/2007
      70+                                     x
eNovance        x       x       eNovance Private Cloud                  10+     x
Eucalyptus*             x       Eucalyptus              5/1/2008        100+
HP      x       x       HP CloudSystem Enterprise Suite, HP Helion      April 2014, May 2014
   March 2013, May 2014    250+    x                               x               x
Huawei  x       x       Huawei FusionSphere     8/1/2014        8/1/2011        200+    x
IBM     x       x       IBM Service Delivery Manager v7.2.4, IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator,
IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack      December 2012, November 2013, May 2014  August 2010,
April 2013, May 2014       250+    x                               x               x
Microsoft       x       x       Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft System Center 2012
SP1 10/1/2013       9/1/2012        126+                                    x
Mirantis        x       x       Mirantis OpenStack 4.0  12/1/2013               100     x
NetIQ   x       x       NetIQ Cloud Manager     4/1/2014        9/1/2010        10
OpenStack*              x       OpenStack Nova, OpenStack       4/1/2014        10/1/2010
      N/A     x                                               x
Oracle  x       x       Oracle Enterprise Manager       6/1/2014        August 2011 (for 12c,
Release 1)        50+                                     x
Piston Cloud    x       x       Piston OpenStack 3.0    2/1/2014        1/1/2012        10+
    x                               x
Rackspace       x       x       Rackspace Private Cloud         Apr. 2013?      100+    x
Red Hat x       x       Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure    1/1/2014        6/1/2013        100+
   x                                               x
Rightscale      x               Rightscale Cloud Manager, Rightscale Analytics  April 2014,
November 2013       2008, November 2013     700+
Scalr*  x               Scalr Private Cloud Management for Private Clouds       7/1/2014
      4/1/2008        20+                                     x               x
SUSE    x       x       SUSE Cloud 3    2/1/2014        8/1/2012        40+     x
Ubuntu* x       x       Ubuntu OpenStack        4/1/2014        4/1/2011        30+     x
                              x               x
Virtustream     x       x       xStream Cloud Management        7/1/2014        3/1/2010
      < 20                                    x
VMware  x       x       VMware vCloud Enterprise Suite featuring VMware vCOPS 5.8, VMware
vCAC 6.0      September 2013, December 2013   Sept. 2012/ Sept. 2012, original release date
for vCS 5.5 was Sept. 2013        250+                    x               x

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Michael Caputo
Research Associate | Infrastructure & Operations
direct +1 617.613.6292 |
mcaputo@forrester.com<mailto:mcaputo@forrester.com>

Forrester Research, Inc.
Forrester.com<http://forrester.com/> | Communities<http://community.forrester.com/>
| Blogs<http://blogs.forrester.com/> | Twitter<http://twitter.com/forrester> |
LinkedIn<http://linkedin.com/company/forrester-research> | Facebook<http://facebook.com/forrester>
| Google+<https://plus.google.com/105121879736604384681>
60 Acorn Park Drive, Cambridge, MA 02140 United States

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org<mailto:sk@apache.org>>
wrote:
Hello again, Mike.

The Apache CloudStack are asking if there is any way they could see the copy of the entire
first bullet entitled “Cloud platform”? Would that be possible?

Thanking you in advance,
Sally

= = = = =
vox +1 617 921 8656