From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 06:49:29 GMT
Thank you Sally for this, I already see that you found the issue with the url:
http://pythonhosted.org/cloudmonkey (all lowercase).

Go ahead with the post. Thanks.

Regards.

On 27-Aug-2014, at 6:25 pm, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> As promised, the close-to-final draft is below.
>
> I haven't received any other comments today (aside from Rohit's). If anyone has additions/corrections,
please forward by 5PM ET today. I'd like to issue tomorrow morning at 7AM ET.

> Thanking you in advance,
> Sally
>
> = = =
>
> Announcing Apache™ CloudMonkey™ v5.2.0
>
> Command Line Interface Tool Simplifies Apache CloudStack Configuration and Management
>
> 28 August 2014 —Apache CloudStack, the mature, turnkey Open Source cloud computing
software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid cloud environments, today
announced Apache
> CloudMonkey v5.2.0, the latest feature release of its command line interface tool.
>
> CloudMonkey is written in Python, and can be used both as an interactive shell and as
a command line tool that simplifies CloudStack configuration and management.

> Apache CloudMonkey v5.2.0 is the latest feature release of the 5.x line that was first
released in September 2013. Some of the new features and changes include:

> - Multiple server profiles where users can use CloudMonkey against different CloudStack
management servers and switch between them using a profile option;
> - A default profile under the section [local] is added with default values;
> - Some bugfixes related to network requests, error handling, JSON decoding and shell
interactivity;
> - Every time 'set' is called, CloudMonkey will write the config and reload config file;
> - Configuration options 'protocol', 'host', 'port', 'path' are deprecated now but setting
them is still allowed which sets a single "url" option, in the config file the [server] section
is deprecated now and CloudMonkey won’t read values from this section anymore but instead
read from current server profile;
> - Missing key/values are automatically set with defaults by CloudMonkey;
> - During installation and upgrades, it will detect the platform to install either pyreadline
(Windows) or readline (OSX and Linux);

A community-maintained distribution is available at the Python Package Index (PyPi) at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/CloudMonkey/

> CloudMonkey's usage is documented at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+CloudMonkey+CLI
> Package documentation can be found at http://pythonhosted.org/CloudMonkey
>
> Availability and Oversight
> As with all Apache products, CloudMonkey is released under the Apache License v2.0, and
is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project.  The Apache CloudStack
Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community
development and product releases.

> About Apache CloudStack
> Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
Open Source software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure
resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack

> # # #
>
> © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", "CloudMonkey",
"Apache CloudMonkey", the Apache CloudStack logo, and the Apache CloudStack Cloud Monkey logo
are registered trademarks or trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands
and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

<chipchilders@apache.org>; David Nalley <david@gnsa.us>; Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net>
> Sent: Wednesday, 27 August 2014, 8:49
> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
>
> Thanks, Rohit.
>
> I'll incorporate the changes as well as any others that come in over the next 4 hours,
then will send the revised draft over.

> -Sally
>
> [From the mobile; please excuse spelling/spacing errors and brevity]

(Wednesday), so we can announce at 7AM ET on Thursday.

> > Many kind thanks,
> > Sally
> >
> > = = =
> >
> > Announcing Apache™ CloudMonkey™ v5.2
>
> v5.2.0 or just “5.2.0"
>

> > Command Line Interface Tool Simplifies Apache CloudStack Configuration and Management
> >
> > 28 August 2014 —Apache CloudStack, the mature, turnkey Open Source cloud computing
software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid cloud environments, today
announced Apache
> > CloudMonkey v5.1.0, the latest feature release of its command line interface tool.
>
> v5.2.0
>
> > CloudMonkey is written in Python, and can be used both as an interactive shell and
as a command line tool that simplifies CloudStack configuration and management.

> > Apache CloudMonkey v5.2.0 is the latest feature release of the 5.x line that was
first released in September 2013. Some of the new features and changes include:

> > - Multiple server profiles where users can use CloudMonkey against different CloudStack
management servers and switch between them using a profile option;
> > - A default profile under the section [local] is added with default values;
> > - Some bugfixes related to network requests, error handling, JSON decoding and shell
interactivity;
> > - Every time 'set' is called, CloudMonkey will write the config and reload config
file;
> > - Configuration options 'protocol', 'host', 'port', 'path' are deprecated now but
setting them is still allowed which sets a single "url" option, in the config file the [server]
section is deprecated now and CloudMonkey won’t read values from this section anymore but
instead read from currently selected server profile;

> currently selected -> current
>
> > - Missing key/values are automatically set with defaults by CloudMonkey;
> > - During installation and upgrades, it will detect the platform to install either
pyreadline (Windows) or readline (OSX and Linux);

> Please check and fix any other grammar, spelling issues.
>
> > Downloads and Documentation
> > The official source code for CloudMonkey v5.2.0 can be downloaded from
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html. A community-maintained distribution is available
at the Python Package Index (PyPi) at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/CloudMonkey/

> > CloudMonkey's usage is documented at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+CloudMonkey+CLI
>
> > Package documentation can be found at
> http://pythonhosted.org/CloudMonkey
>

> > Availability and Oversight
> > As with all Apache products, CloudMonkey is released under the Apache License v2.0,
and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project.  The Apache
CloudStack Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations,
including community development and product releases.

> > About Apache CloudStack
> > Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
Open Source software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and private cloud
environments. Hailed by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure
resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level
Project in March 2013. For downloads, documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack
>

> Rest looks alright. Thanks for the draft.
>

> > # # #
> >
> > © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack",
"CloudMonkey", "Apache CloudMonkey", the Apache CloudStack logo, and the Apache CloudStack
Cloud Monkey logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.
All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

> > Contacts
> > Apache CloudStack
> > [FULL NAME]
> > [telephone number with country code]