From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Fwd: ACTION Requested - Forrester Research Private Cloud Software Report - Fact Check Confirmation
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 19:10:34 GMT
Geralyn and team --here you go!

[From the mobile; please excuse spelling/spacing errors and brevity]

----- Forwarded message -----
From: "Caputo, Michael" <mcaputo@forrester.com>
To: "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>
Cc: "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>
Subject: ACTION Requested - Forrester Research Private Cloud Software Report - Fact Check
Confirmation
Date: Tue, Aug 26, 2014 14:26

Hi Sally,
Thanks for the note - and yes that's fine, I've pasted the rest of the entries below - please
bear in mind that this report is a work in progress so it is not fully complete. I have some
updates for you all on this process:

-We've pushed the deadline out to a week instead of 48 hours. Given that its Labor Day weekend,
we'd like responses by Wednesday 9/3 if at all possible.

-Please note that this is a follow up report to our "Vendor Landscape: Private Cloud Overview"
report which will be going live later this week. This is not an evaluation piece, but rather
a reference point for our enterprise customers on your solution listed, along with 20+ other
software only private cloud solutions. In this report, we break down terminology between cloud
platforms, cloud management, and full private cloud suites and the functionality contained
within each.

-Additionally, please be advised that we will NOT be accepting briefings as part of this report
process. You are welcome to schedule a briefing through our briefings team, but this will
not delay publication of this report. Please provide feedback using this survey (link here).
We will NOT be accepting feedback via email or phone inquiry.

I hope this information is helpful, please reach out to me directly if you have any questions
at all!

Best,Mike

Vendor nameCloud management
Cloud platformSoftware listVersion release date
Original release dateCustomer # Estimate
OpenStackCloudStackvCloud Director
Perpetual licenseAnnual term licenseMonthly billing
FreeApache*
xApache CloudStack 4.3
1/1/20145/1/2010N/A

xASG
xx
ASG CloudFactory v 7.3.112/1/20132/1/2012
120+x
BMCx
xBMC Cloud Lifecycle Management v4.0, BMC Cloud Operations Manager v9.01
5/1/20144/1/2009200

xCA
xxCA Automation Suite for Clouds v1.6
6/1/20116/1/2014200+
Cisco
xxCisco Intelligent Automation Center, Cisco UCS Director
Jan. 2014/ Dec. 2013Jan. 2011/ 2009100+

xCitrix
xx
Citrix CloudPlatform, Citrix CloudPortal Business Manager 2.0June 2010/June 2011March 2014/May
2014
200+
xx
CliQr
xCliQr CloudCenter
20146/1/201240

Cloudscalingxx
Cloudscaling Open Cloud System 2.620142014
5+x
Connectloud
xxConnectloud uCloud v2.0
10/1/20136/1/2013>10

DellxDell Cloud Manager (formerly Enstratius)
100+
xx
Egeneraxx
Egenera Cloud Suite6/1/2012
> 100
Emboticsx
xEmbotics Cloud Management Software4/1/2014
11/1/200770+
eNovancex
xeNovance Private Cloud
10+x
Eucalyptus*x
Eucalyptus5/1/2008
100+

xHPx
xHP CloudSystem Enterprise Suite, HP HelionApril 2014, May 2014
March 2013, May 2014250+x
xHuawei
xxHuawei FusionSphere
8/1/20148/1/2011200+
xIBM
xxIBM Service Delivery Manager v7.2.4, IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator, IBM Cloud Manager with
OpenStack
December 2012, November 2013, May 2014August 2010, April 2013, May 2014
250+x
xx
Microsoftx
xMicrosoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1
10/1/20139/1/2012126+

xMirantis
xx
Mirantis OpenStack 4.012/1/2013
100x
NetIQxx
NetIQ Cloud Manager4/1/20149/1/2010
10
OpenStack*x
OpenStack Nova, OpenStack4/1/2014
10/1/2010N/Ax

xOracle
xxOracle Enterprise Manager
6/1/2014August 2011 (for 12c, Release 1)50+

xPiston Cloud
xx
Piston OpenStack 3.02/1/20141/1/2012
10+x
Rackspacex
xRackspace Private CloudApr. 2013?
100+x

xRed Hat
xxRed Hat Cloud Infrastructure
1/1/20146/1/2013100+
Rightscalex
Rightscale Cloud Manager, Rightscale AnalyticsApril 2014, November 20132008, November 2013
700+
Scalr*x
Scalr Private Cloud Management for Private Clouds7/1/2014
4/1/200820+
xSUSEx
xSUSE Cloud 32/1/2014
8/1/201240+x
Ubuntu*
xxUbuntu OpenStack
4/1/20144/1/201130+
xx
Virtustreamxx
xStream Cloud Management7/1/20143/1/2010
< 20
VMwarex
xVMware vCloud Enterprise Suite featuring VMware vCOPS 5.8, VMware vCAC 6.0September 2013,
December 2013
Sept. 2012/ Sept. 2012, original release date for vCS 5.5 was Sept. 2013
250+x

Michael Caputo
Research Associate | Infrastructure & Operations

direct +1 617.613.6292 |

mcaputo@forrester.com

Forrester Research, Inc.

Forrester.com | Communities | Blogs | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+

60 Acorn Park Drive, Cambridge, MA 02140 United States