cloudstack-marketing mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:04:38 GMT
Thanks, Rohit & CloudStack community.

We are live at http://s.apache.org/SHg , announce@apache.org, and our dedicated media/analyst
list.

This will appear on the CloudStack Twitter feed later today as well.

I appreciate everyone's help with getting this announcement out!
 
Congratulations on reaching this milestone.

Cheers,
Sally


----- Original Message -----
> From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
> To: Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
> Cc: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>; Chip Childers
<chipchilders@apache.org>; David Nalley <david@gnsa.us>; Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net>
> Sent: Thursday, 28 August 2014, 2:49
> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
> 
>T hank you Sally for this, I already see that you found the issue with the url:
> http://pythonhosted.org/cloudmonkey (all lowercase).
> 
> Go ahead with the post. Thanks.
> 
> Regards.
> 
> On 27-Aug-2014, at 6:25 pm, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> 
> wrote:
> 
>>  As promised, the close-to-final draft is below.
>> 
>>  I haven't received any other comments today (aside from Rohit's). 
> If anyone has additions/corrections, please forward by 5PM ET today. I'd 
> like to issue tomorrow morning at 7AM ET.
>> 
>>  Thanking you in advance,
>>  Sally
>> 
>>  = = =
>> 
>>  Announcing Apache™ CloudMonkey™ v5.2.0
>> 
>>  Command Line Interface Tool Simplifies Apache CloudStack Configuration and 
> Management
>> 
>>  28 August 2014 —Apache CloudStack, the mature, turnkey Open Source cloud 
> computing software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid cloud 
> environments, today announced Apache
>>  CloudMonkey v5.2.0, the latest feature release of its command line 
> interface tool.
>> 
>>  CloudMonkey is written in Python, and can be used both as an interactive 
> shell and as a command line tool that simplifies CloudStack configuration and 
> management.
>> 
>>  Apache CloudMonkey v5.2.0 is the latest feature release of the 5.x line 
> that was first released in September 2013. Some of the new features and changes 
> include:
>> 
>>  - Multiple server profiles where users can use CloudMonkey against 
> different CloudStack management servers and switch between them using a profile 
> option;
>>  - A default profile under the section [local] is added with default values;
>>  - Some bugfixes related to network requests, error handling, JSON decoding 
> and shell interactivity;
>>  - Every time 'set' is called, CloudMonkey will write the config and 
> reload config file;
>>  - Configuration options 'protocol', 'host', 'port', 
> 'path' are deprecated now but setting them is still allowed which sets a 
> single "url" option, in the config file the [server] section is 
> deprecated now and CloudMonkey won’t read values from this section anymore but 
> instead read from current server profile;
>>  - Missing key/values are automatically set with defaults by CloudMonkey;
>>  - During installation and upgrades, it will detect the platform to install 
> either pyreadline (Windows) or readline (OSX and Linux);
>> 
>>  Downloads and Documentation
>>  The official source code for CloudMonkey v5.2.0 can be downloaded from 
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html. A community-maintained distribution 
> is available at the Python Package Index (PyPi) at 
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/CloudMonkey/
>> 
>>  CloudMonkey's usage is documented at 
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+CloudMonkey+CLI
>>  Package documentation can be found at http://pythonhosted.org/CloudMonkey
>> 
>>  Availability and Oversight
>>  As with all Apache products, CloudMonkey is released under the Apache 
> License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to 
> the project.  The Apache CloudStack Project Management Committee (PMC) guides 
> the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development and 
> product releases.
>> 
>>  About Apache CloudStack
>>  Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated 
> Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Open Source software platform that allows 
> users to build feature-rich public and private cloud environments. Hailed by 
> Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive 
> user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and 
> storage infrastructure resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in 
> April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level Project in March 2013. For downloads, 
> documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache CloudStack, visit 
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack
>> 
>>  # # #
>> 
>>  © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", 
> "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", "CloudMonkey", 
> "Apache CloudMonkey", the Apache CloudStack logo, and the Apache 
> CloudStack Cloud Monkey logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of The 
> Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of 
> their respective owners.
>> 
>>  Contacts
>>  Apache CloudStack
>>  [FULL NAME]
>>  [telephone number with country code]
>>  marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
>> 
>>  The Apache Software Foundation
>>  Sally Khudairi
>>  +1 617 921 8656
>>  press@apache.org
>> 
>>  From: Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
>>  To: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>  Cc: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" 
> <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>; Chip Childers 
> <chipchilders@apache.org>; David Nalley <david@gnsa.us>; Joe 
> Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net>
>>  Sent: Wednesday, 27 August 2014, 8:49
>>  Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
>> 
>>  Thanks, Rohit.
>> 
>>  I'll incorporate the changes as well as any others that come in over 
> the next 4 hours, then will send the revised draft over.
>> 
>>  -Sally
>> 
>>  [From the mobile; please excuse spelling/spacing errors and brevity]
>> 
>>  ----- Reply message -----
>>  From: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>  To: "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
>>  Cc: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" 
> <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>, "Chip Childers" 
> <chipchilders@apache.org>, "David Nalley" <david@gnsa.us>, 
> "Joe Brockmeier" <jzb@zonker.net>
>>  Subject: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
>>  Date: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 08:40
>> 
>>  Hi Sally thanks for returning with the draft quickly.
>> 
>>  Please find my comments in-line;
>> 
>>  On 27-Aug-2014, at 2:24 am, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> 
> wrote:
>> 
>>  > Hello everyone --as promised, the draft (thus far) is below.
>>  >
>>  > Please forward any comments/corrections/additions no later than 5PM ET 
> tomorrow (Wednesday), so we can announce at 7AM ET on Thursday.
>>  >
>>  > Many kind thanks,
>>  > Sally
>>  >
>>  > = = =
>>  >
>>  > Announcing Apache™ CloudMonkey™ v5.2
>> 
>>  v5.2.0 or just “5.2.0"
>> 
>>  >
>>  > Command Line Interface Tool Simplifies Apache CloudStack Configuration 
> and Management
>>  >
>>  > 28 August 2014 —Apache CloudStack, the mature, turnkey Open Source 
> cloud computing software platform used for creating private, public, and hybrid 
> cloud environments, today announced Apache
>>  > CloudMonkey v5.1.0, the latest feature release of its command line 
> interface tool.
>> 
>>  v5.2.0
>> 
>>  > CloudMonkey is written in Python, and can be used both as an 
> interactive shell and as a command line tool that simplifies CloudStack 
> configuration and management.
>>  >
>>  > Apache CloudMonkey v5.2.0 is the latest feature release of the 5.x 
> line that was first released in September 2013. Some of the new features and 
> changes include:
>>  >
>>  > - Multiple server profiles where users can use CloudMonkey against 
> different CloudStack management servers and switch between them using a profile 
> option;
>>  > - A default profile under the section [local] is added with default 
> values;
>>  > - Some bugfixes related to network requests, error handling, JSON 
> decoding and shell interactivity;
>>  > - Every time 'set' is called, CloudMonkey will write the 
> config and reload config file;
>>  > - Configuration options 'protocol', 'host', 
> 'port', 'path' are deprecated now but setting them is still 
> allowed which sets a single "url" option, in the config file the 
> [server] section is deprecated now and CloudMonkey won’t read values from this 
> section anymore but instead read from currently selected server profile;
>> 
>>  currently selected -> current
>> 
>>  > - Missing key/values are automatically set with defaults by 
> CloudMonkey;
>>  > - During installation and upgrades, it will detect the platform to 
> install either pyreadline (Windows) or readline (OSX and Linux);
>> 
>>  Please check and fix any other grammar, spelling issues.
>> 
>>  > Downloads and Documentation
>>  > The official source code for CloudMonkey v5.2.0 can be downloaded from
>>  http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html. A community-maintained 
> distribution is available at the Python Package Index (PyPi) at 
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/CloudMonkey/
>> 
>>  >
>>  > CloudMonkey's usage is documented at
>> 
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+CloudMonkey+CLI
>> 
>>  > Package documentation can be found at
>>  http://pythonhosted.org/CloudMonkey
>> 
>>  >
>>  > Availability and Oversight
>>  > As with all Apache products, CloudMonkey is released under the Apache 
> License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to 
> the project.  The Apache CloudStack Project Management Committee (PMC) guides 
> the Project's day-to-day operations, including community development and 
> product releases.
>>  >
>>  > About Apache CloudStack
>>  > Apache CloudStack is a mature, turnkey integrated 
> Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Open Source software platform that allows 
> users to build feature-rich public and private cloud environments. Hailed by 
> Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive 
> user interface and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and 
> storage infrastructure resources. CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in 
> April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level Project in March 2013. For downloads, 
> documentation, and ways to become involved with Apache CloudStack, visit
>>  http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and https://twitter.com/CloudStack
>> 
>>  >
>> 
>>  Rest looks alright. Thanks for the draft.
>> 
>> 
>>  > # # #
>>  >
>>  > © The Apache Software Foundation. "Apache", 
> "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", "CloudMonkey", 
> "Apache CloudMonkey", the Apache CloudStack logo, and the Apache 
> CloudStack Cloud Monkey logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of The 
> Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property of 
> their respective owners.
>>  >
>>  > Contacts
>>  > Apache CloudStack
>>  > [FULL NAME]
>>  > [telephone number with country code]
>>  > marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
>>  >
>>  > The Apache Software Foundation
>>  > Sally Khudairi
>>  > +1 617 921 8656
>>  > press@apache.org
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > From: Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>  > To: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" 
> <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
>>  > Sent: Tuesday, 26 August 2014, 9:36
>>  > Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 
> release
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > On 26-Aug-2014, at 3:30 pm, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> 
> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > > On Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 08:11 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>>  > >> In this paragraph, I meant to refer the command line tool 
> users can use.
>>  > >> Advise if we should just call it “CloudMonkey” from now 
> onwards if this
>>  > >> would be less confusing?
>>  > >
>>  > > So - in documentation, I think you'd be right to use 
> "cloudmonkey" but
>>  > > I'd also use <code> or whatever to call out "hey, 
> I'm talking about a
>>  > > command/utility here." I find it a bit confusing in an 
> announcement.
>>  > >
>>  > > In other words, I'm going to cowardly refuse to say either 
> way is wrong,
>>  > > but my style instincts say "CloudMonkey" throughout.
>>  > >
>>  > > Thanks again for writing it up - if I get a chance + the thread 
> is still
>>  > > open, I'll try to review + vote today.
>>  >
>>  > Alright, with you on this let’s call it “CloudMonkey” in most places.
>>  >
>>  > The voting thread closed as the vote passed but thanks for your 
> review.
>>  >
>>  > Regards,
>>  >
>>  > Rohit Yadav
>>  >
>>  > Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>  > M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>  > Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related 
> services
>>  >
>>  > IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//
>>  >
>>  > CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/csforge/
>>  >
>>  > CloudStack Consulting<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/
>>  >
>>  > CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/
>>  >
>>  > CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are 
> intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views 
> or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily 
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the 
> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon 
> its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you 
> believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company 
> incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company 
> incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape 
> Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated 
> under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered 
> by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. 
> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
> 
>>  >
>> 
>>  Regards,
>>  Rohit Yadav
>>  Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>  M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>  Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>  Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>> 
>>  IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//
>>  >
>>  CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/csforge/
>>  >
>>  CloudStack Consulting<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/
>>  >
>>  CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/
>>  >
>>  CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
>>  http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/
>>  >
>> 
>>  This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended 
> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or 
> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily 
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the 
> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon 
> its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you 
> believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company 
> incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company 
> incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape 
> Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated 
> under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered 
> by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. 
> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
> M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
> 
> 
> 
> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
> 
> IaaS Cloud Design & 
> Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
> CloudStack Infrastructure 
> Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
> CloudStack Bootcamp Training 
> Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely 
> for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions 
> expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those 
> of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of 
> this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy 
> or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received 
> this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & 
> Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is 
> operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda 
> is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape 
> Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South 
> Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a 
> registered trademark.
> 

Mime
View raw message