From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fw: ACTION Requested - Forrester Research Private Cloud Software Report - Fact Check Confirmation
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:35:43 GMT
+1; absolutely. If we have them, by all means, let's provide them!

Thanks,
Sally

>________________________________
Fact Check Confirmation

>Do we want to talk about our number of known deployments. Chiradeep recently did some
analysis of the CPVM service (which admittedly is deprecated) and the numbers were impressive.

>--David
>

>On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Chip Childers <chipchilders@apache.org> wrote:
>
>Sally,
>>

>>The release date for 4.3.0 is March 25, 2014.  That needs to be corrected.  Also,
you could mention that a 4.4.1 release will be coming quite soon.

>>Otherwise, not much to fact check... so it looks good. ;-)
>>

>>-chip
>>

>>On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>Hello everyone --we just received the following fact-checking request from Forrester
Research.

>>>They need our approval/corrections within 48 hours. Who is able to help with this?
>>>

>>>Please forward your comments and I'll liaise with Mike.
>>>

>>>Thanking you in advance,
>>>Sally
>>>
>>>= = = = =
>>>vox +1 617 921 8656
>>>skype sallykhudairi

in an upcoming Forrester report titled "Vendor Landscape: Private Cloud Software", written
by analysts Lauren E. Nelson and Rich Fichera.

this information and confirm its accuracy, including the table row with release date information,
etc:

physical and virtual
resources and presents them as an IaaS cloud environment. Core cloud platform
capabilities include: self-service request workflow, resource management,
automated provisioning (through element automation tools), and basic resource
usage reporting. Common private cloud platforms include OpenStack, vCloud
Director, and Apache CloudStack. For enterprises looking for basic IaaS
services, a cloud platform can function as a standalone private cloud. However,
most enterprises look for additional services that are typically found in…
cloud management. Cloud management tools aren’t for cloud building but
rather for management and optimization of virtual resources across various
deployment types. Cloud management, sold separately from cloud platforms
include: Dell Cloud Manager (formerly Enstratius), RightScale, and Scalr. Unlike
cloud platforms, cloud management tools cannot exist as a standalone cloud
environment. These tools must connect into public and private cloud platforms. Enterprises
can use these tools as its primarily private cloud management portal while also
leveraging its advanced hybrid capabilities. Core cloud management capabilities
include: process automation and orchestration, cost comparisons between cloud
platforms supported, template designers, and cloud governance.
date Original release date Customer # Estimate OpenStack CloudStack vCloud Director Perpetual
license Annual term license Monthly billing Free

to contact me directly. Thanks again for taking the time to review and reply.