From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fw: ACTION Requested - Forrester Research Private Cloud Software Report - Fact Check Confirmation
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:07:52 GMT
Thanks, Geralyn. I'll ask!

Cheers,
Sally

>________________________________
Fact Check Confirmation

>Any way we could see the copy of the entire first bullet entitled “Cloud platform”?

could mention that a 4.4.1 release will be coming quite soon.

>Otherwise, not much to fact check... so it looks good. ;-)
>
>-chip
>

>On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hello everyone --we just received the following fact-checking request from Forrester Research.
>
>They need our approval/corrections within 48 hours. Who is able to help with this?
>
>Please forward your comments and I'll liaise with Mike.
>
>Thanking you in advance,
>Sally
>
>= = = = =
>vox +1 617 921 8656
>skype sallykhudairi

Check Confirmation

>>Hi Apache Team,
>>
>>I'm reaching out to give Apache the opportunity to correct any factual inaccuracies
in an upcoming Forrester report titled "Vendor Landscape: Private Cloud Software", written
by analysts Lauren E. Nelson and Rich Fichera.

>>Apache has been included in this report in the following places, please review this
information and confirm its accuracy, including the table row with release date information,
etc:

>>■  Cloud platform. This is the foundational layer that abstracts existing physical
and virtual resources and presents them as an IaaS cloud environment. Core cloud platform
capabilities include: self-service request workflow, resource management, automated provisioning
(through element automation tools), and basic resource usage reporting. Common private cloud
platforms include OpenStack, vCloud Director, and Apache CloudStack. For enterprises looking
for basic IaaS services, a cloud platform can function as a standalone private cloud. However,
most enterprises look for additional services that are typically found in…
>>■  Standalone cloud management. Cloud management tools aren’t for cloud building
but rather for management and optimization of virtual resources across various deployment
types. Cloud management, sold separately from cloud platforms include: Dell Cloud Manager
(formerly Enstratius), RightScale, and Scalr. Unlike cloud platforms, cloud management tools
cannot exist as a standalone cloud environment. These tools must connect into public and private
cloud platforms. Enterprises can use these tools as its primarily private cloud management
portal while also leveraging its advanced hybrid capabilities. Core cloud management capabilities
include: process automation and orchestration, cost comparisons between cloud platforms supported,
template designers, and cloud governance.
>>Vendor name Cloud management Cloud platform Software list Version release date Original
release date Customer # Estimate OpenStack CloudStack vCloud Director Perpetual license Annual
term license Monthly billing Free
>>Apache*  x Apache CloudStack 4.3 1/1/2014 5/1/2010 N/A       x
>>
>>Please respond within 48 hours - and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to
contact me directly. Thanks again for taking the time to review and reply.