From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:08:02 GMT
Thanks, Rohit --there's a new announcement format that I had worked on a few months back.

I'll integrate and circulate a draft tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm offsite today and won't be
able to edit until I'm back this evening.

Watch this space,
Sally

>________________________________

week. Looking forward to the announcement draft/format.

>I followed the announcement format from previous CloudMonkey releases: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201405.mbox/%3CCAEe685GjUxE+dNA96Vs3G6Ma-r1eEWeiSn8bicBMr5MyMids6g@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
>Regards.
>
>On 26-Aug-2014, at 2:57 pm, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks so much, Rohit.
>>
>> This is great. I'll work on getting it in the "project announcement" format, and
will send the draft back to the list before Friday.

>> If you can please keep me apprised of the projected timeframe, that would be great.
>>
>> Warmly,
>> Sally

I get either PMC or ASF infra folks to help me move the artifact on the svn repo. After 24
hours the artifacts are published on the release dist, I’ll go ahead with announcing this
if we’re okay with the draft.

>> Meanwhile, I’m sharing the announcement draft for your review and comments, especially
Sally’s so we have at least the announcement email ready.

>> —— Start — —
>>
>> Aug <Date of release?>, 2014 - The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer
>> developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 170 Open Source projects and
>> initiatives, today announced Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.2.0, the latest
>> feature release of the CloudStack CloudMonkey command line interface (CLI).
>>
>> Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey is a command line interface (CLI) tool for
>> CloudStack written in Python. CloudMonkey can be use both as an interactive
>> shell and as a command line tool which simplifies CloudStack configuration and
>> management.
>>
>> CloudMonkey 5.2.0 is the next feature release of the 5.x line which first
>> released on September 24, 2013. Some of the noteworthy new and improved features
and changes
>> include:
>>
>> - Multiple server profiles where users can use cloudmonkey against different CloudStack
management servers and switch between them using a profile option
>> - A default profile under the section [local] is added with default values
>> - Some bugfixes related to network requests, error handling, json decoding and shell
interactivity
>> - Every time `set` is called, cloudmonkey will write the config and reload config
file
>> - Config options `protocol`, `host`, `port`, `path` are deprecated now but setting
them is still allowed which sets a single “url” option, in the config file the [server]
section is deprecated now and cloudmonkey won’t read values from this section anymore but
instead read from currently selected server profile
>> - Missing key/values are automatically set with defaults by cloudmonkey
>> - During installation and upgrades, it will detect the platform to install either
pyreadline (Windows) or readline (OSX and Linux)

> [...]
>>
>> CloudMonkey’s usage is documented on our wiki at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+cloudmonkey+CLI
>> And the package documentation can be found at http://pythonhosted.org/cloudmonkey
>>
>> Availability and Oversight
>>
>> As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.2.0 is released
>> under the Apache License v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active
>> contributors to the project.  A Project Management Committee (PMC) guides the
>> Project¹s day-to-day operations, including community development and product
>> releases.  For documentation and ways to become involved with Apache CloudStack,
>> visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/
>>
>> About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
>>
>> Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than one hundred
>> and seventy leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server --the
>> world's most popular Web server software. Through the ASF's meritocratic process
>> known as "The Apache Way," more than 400 individual Members and 3,500 Committers
>> successfully collaborate to develop freely available enterprise-grade software,
>> benefiting millions of users worldwide: thousands of software solutions are
>> distributed under the Apache License; and the community actively participates in
>> ASF mailing lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's
>> official user conference, trainings, and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3)
>> charitable organization, funded by individual donations and corporate sponsors
>> including Budget Direct, Citrix, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google,
>> Hortonworks, HP, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg, Microsoft,
>> Pivotal, Produban, WANdisco, and Yahoo.
>>
>> For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on Twitter.
>>
>> "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", and "ApacheCon" are trademarks of
>> The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the property
>> of their respective owners.
>>
>> — — END — —
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rohit Yadav
>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>> M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

>Regards,
>Rohit Yadav
>Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>

>Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>
>IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>
>This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the
use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.