From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:57:50 GMT
On Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 07:44 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> —— Start — —
>
> Aug <Date of release?>, 2014 - The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the
> all-volunteer
> developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 170 Open Source
> projects and
> initiatives, today announced Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.2.0, the
> latest
> feature release of the CloudStack CloudMonkey command line interface
> (CLI).

Not sure there'd be a full ASF release here. It'd probably "Apache
CloudStack" rather than ASF unless we actually send out on the wire.

I'd drop "CloudStack" from the second reference (after "feature release
of") as it starts getting repetitious.

> Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey is a command line interface (CLI) tool for
> CloudStack written in Python. CloudMonkey can be use both as an interactive

Should be "used" above. (Rather than "use")

> - Multiple server profiles where users can use cloudmonkey against
> different CloudStack management servers and switch between them using a
> profile option

CloudMonkey or cloudmonkey? Shouldn't it be proper noun above?

> - A default profile under the section [local] is added with default
> values
> - Some bugfixes related to network requests, error handling, json
> decoding and shell interactivity

JSON

> - Every time `set` is called, cloudmonkey will write the config and
> reload config file

Same q about caps.

> - Config options `protocol`, `host`, `port`, `path` are deprecated now
> but setting them is still allowed which sets a single “url” option, in
> the config file the [server] section is deprecated now and cloudmonkey
> won’t read values from this section anymore but instead read from
> currently selected server profile

Same q about caps.

> "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", and "ApacheCon" are
> trademarks of
> The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the
> property
> of their respective owners.

Is "ApacheCon" used in the release? Do we need to have a mention of that
as a trademark?

Thanks for writing this up and doing the work on marketing@!

Best,

jzb