From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcement draft for CloudMonkey 5.2.0 release
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:11:31 GMT
Hi Joe,

Thanks for checking, also because I’m not a native speaker :)

I used the announcement text from previous CloudMonkey releases:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201405.mbox/%3CCAEe685GjUxE+dNA96Vs3G6Ma-r1eEWeiSn8bicBMr5MyMids6g@mail.gmail.com%3E

comments in-line;
On 26-Aug-2014, at 2:57 pm, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 07:44 AM, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>> —— Start — —
>>
>> Aug <Date of release?>, 2014 - The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the
>> all-volunteer
>> developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 170 Open Source
>> projects and
>> initiatives, today announced Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.2.0, the
>> latest
>> feature release of the CloudStack CloudMonkey command line interface
>> (CLI).
>
> Not sure there'd be a full ASF release here. It'd probably "Apache
> CloudStack" rather than ASF unless we actually send out on the wire.
>
> I'd drop "CloudStack" from the second reference (after "feature release
> of") as it starts getting repetitious.

Will fix it.

>> Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey is a command line interface (CLI) tool for
>> CloudStack written in Python. CloudMonkey can be use both as an interactive
>
> Should be "used" above. (Rather than "use”)

Fixed.

>> - Multiple server profiles where users can use cloudmonkey against
>> different CloudStack management servers and switch between them using a
>> profile option
>
> CloudMonkey or cloudmonkey? Shouldn't it be proper noun above?

This has been historically confusing, I always called it “cloudmonkey” but then few people
called it “CloudMonkey” as well. So, we had this understanding that the following be used:

“cloudmonkey” - When we talk about the (installed) command line tool or the python module/implementation
“CloudMonkey” - When we talk about the CloudStack CloudMonkey project

>> - A default profile under the section [local] is added with default
>> values
>> - Some bugfixes related to network requests, error handling, json
>> decoding and shell interactivity
>
> JSON

Fixed.

>> - Every time `set` is called, cloudmonkey will write the config and
>> reload config file
>
> Same q about caps.
>
>> - Config options `protocol`, `host`, `port`, `path` are deprecated now
>> but setting them is still allowed which sets a single “url” option, in
>> the config file the [server] section is deprecated now and cloudmonkey
>> won’t read values from this section anymore but instead read from
>> currently selected server profile
>
> Same q about caps.

In this paragraph, I meant to refer the command line tool users can use. Advise if we should
just call it “CloudMonkey” from now onwards if this would be less confusing?

>> "Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", and "ApacheCon" are
>> trademarks of
>> The Apache Software Foundation. All other brands and trademarks are the
>> property
>> of their respective owners.
>
> Is "ApacheCon" used in the release? Do we need to have a mention of that
> as a trademark?

Not sure, advise how to address it since I copied text from the previous announcement:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201405.mbox/%3CCAEe685GjUxE+dNA96Vs3G6Ma-r1eEWeiSn8bicBMr5MyMids6g@mail.gmail.com%3E

I’ll wait for Sally’s announcement draft/format and have noted the corrections.

Regards.

> Thanks for writing this up and doing the work on marketing@!
>
> Best,
>
> jzb