From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Survey Tweets from @CloudStack?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:14:46 GMT
How about we plan to "stop promoting" this round at the end of July?
Plus, somebody needs to get that iPad from BT ;-)

I'm +1 to keeping it online, but I also want to find a way to ensure
that we get something out of the submissions that we do have...  And a
"let us know by" date helps with getting people to do it.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Giles Sirett
<giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> IMO we should leave it there permanently
>

> i.e. it’s a chance for anybody to tell us about their usage at any time if they stumble
into CS.org

> Eventually I'd like to see the survey (or its children/grandchildren) drive our known
user list

> Obviously, there's a diminishing ROI on promoting it - I'd say for a week or two
>
> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

Friday of this week.

> Giles - how long do you think we should run the survey for?
>
> -chip
>
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Geralyn Miller <geralyn.miller@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Chip (and team):
>> CSV file for the survey tweets is here:
>> https://citrix.sharefile.com/d/sdd11532803a49b6b
>>
>> To summarize:
>> -6 tweets over a 2 day period starting on Monday.
>> -Timing is such that we should hit the workday in all time zones.
>> -Nothing too provocative, as we want to get honest responses (not flames).
>> -I did not use bit.ly or another url shortening tool. Although that gives us additional
tracking, I felt that seeing  "apache" in the URL gives it legitimacy.