From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we use CloudStack logo on book cover?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 08:08:22 GMT

On Jul 2, 2014, at 3:50 AM, Liuyuchao <tanthalas510@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I and my friends have written a cloudstack book in Chinese. It is already in typesetting.
The Publishing and us are designing book cover.
> I'd like to know can we use Cloudstack logo, monkey, "Apache CloudStack" or something
like that on cover?

> Yuchao Liu

Yuchao, in short: most likely yes.

See the guidelines for non-software goods:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/trademark-guidelines.html

You need to request permission from the PMC (send email to private@cloudstack.apache.org)
and copy trademarks@apache.org
Put your book cover on a site were we can check it out.
It would be good to add somewhere in the book the following disclaimer:

"
Copyright © 2013 The Apache Software Foundation, Licensed under the Apache License, Version
2.0.
"Apache", "CloudStack", "Apache CloudStack", the Apache CloudStack logo, the Apache CloudStack
Cloud Monkey logo and the Apache feather logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of
The Apache Software Foundation.
"

This is great news, so congratulations (in advance).

-Sebastien