From Robyn Bergeron <rberg...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:49:24 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>
> To: "Daan Hoogland" <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>, "Giles Sirett" <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>,
hugo@apache.org
CloudStack Press Team"
> <press@cloudstack.apache.org>, "ASF Marketing & Publicity" <press@apache.org>
> Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 9:04:57 AM
> Subject: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
>
> Hello again! As promised, please review the initial draft below and forward
> any comments/corrections/additions.
>
> Hugo, I'd also love a quote from you, as well as any supporting quotes from
> the community (let's limit this to no more than 3-5).
>
> Thanks in advance for your help with this.
>
> - Sally
>
> + copying press@cloudstack.a.o as well as press@apache.org to keep everyone
> in the loop. I'd like to move the final editing process over to press@ once
> comments/quotes are received.
>
> = = =
>
> The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ CloudStack™ v4.4
>

> Mature, easy-to-deploy Open Source IaaS Cloud computing software platform now
> more efficient, with improved storage, monitoring, resource scheduling,
> virtualization, and performance.
>

> Forest Hill, MD –NN August 2014– The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the
> all-volunteer developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 170 Open
> Source projects and initiatives, announced today the availability of Apache™
> CloudStack™ v4.4, the mature, Open Source turnkey software platform used for
> creating Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud computing in private-,
> public-, and hybrid cloud environments.
>

> "QUOTE," said Hugo Trippaers, Vice President of Apache CloudStack. "MORE FROM
> HUGO."

Not to put words in Hugo's mouth (ha ha) - as he of course may have his own ideas - but just
a suggestion...

Much of the press release focuses on what's new/features, and that it's "enterprise ready"
with a long list of companies implementing - and a bit light on the community angle, outside
of the info on the wider apache foundation community.

While I know it's a bit tricky, given that folks are contributing "as individuals" - but somehow
highlighting that the work in the release continues to reflect the increasing community participation
and contributions by a diverse group of developers and operators seems like it might ... highlight
a nice unified community feeling :)

> Apache CloudStack users power billions of dollars' worth of business
> transactions annually across their clouds, and has become the Open Source
> platform for many service providers to set up on-demand, elastic public
> cloud computing services, as well as enterprises to set up a private or
> hybrid cloud for use by their own employees. In addition, CloudStack is
> available to individuals and organizations that wish to study and implement
> an IaaS for personal, educational, and/or production use.
>

> Lauded by Gartner Group as "a solid product",

Is a citation/permission needed for this? (At least, a year, or "in their yearly report,"
or something a bit more concrete seems like it would have more authenticity.)

-robyn

CloudStack includes an