From "Mark R. Hinkle" <mrhin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:37:47 GMT
I think the tone should indicate continued momentum of the ACS project just because the boilerplate
format sometimes makes it hard to stand out.

> - Apache CloudStack (the project), where the format would follow what I had created for
the CloudMonkey news release; or

Regards, Mark

On Jul 30, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi there --just checking in to see if there's been any discussion/decision on this, as
it will help drive the proper "tone" for the announcement.

Hinkle <mrhinkle@gmail.com>; "press@cloudstack.apache.org" <press@cloudstack.apache.org>;
Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>; "hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>;
Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

> Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:54
> Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

> Just to clarify --we can issue this as an announcement from either:
>
> - Apache CloudStack (the project), where the format would follow what I had created for
the CloudMonkey news release; or
> - The ASF, where the format would follow our "major Apache project milestones" outline,
so the content will have more formal boilerplate, etc.

> Your choice; I'm happy to help either way. Mark's comments on the draft made me realize
that I had both hats on during the drafting process.

> Thanks for your patience,
> Sally
>
> = = = = =
> vox +1 617 921 8656
> skype sallykhudairi
>

> From: Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
> To: Mark R. Hinkle <mrhinkle@gmail.com>; "press@cloudstack.apache.org" <press@cloudstack.apache.org>

> Cc: Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com>; "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>;
Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>;
"hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF
Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
> Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:13
> Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

> Thanks, Mark. I appreciate your editorial input!
>
> I'll take a peek and the googledoc and will follow-up online.
>
> Kind regards,
> Sally
>

> From: Mark R. Hinkle <mrhinkle@gmail.com>
> To: press@cloudstack.apache.org; Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
> Cc: Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com>; "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>;
Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>;
"hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF
Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
> Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:10
> Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

> IMHO the wording is a little awkward given the inputs from so many people in working
on our messaging. I took a shot at making it read a little smoother in this edition. Not a
final draft just a more easily digested version with my comments and some questions.

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-PNizgMsvPLbhKLwXv2ntSQpIbl0PcHp1-ac38nq5Q8/edit?usp=sharing\
>
> I also think the list of users is too comprehensive I pared that down and put it into
a project boilerplate I think we should pare it down farther as I am proud of our users it
does make things a bit hard to read.

hugo@apache.org; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; Apache CloudStack Press Team
<press@cloudstack.apache.org>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

> >> Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 12:49
> >> Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release
for 4.4]

FROM

> >> Not to put words in Hugo's mouth (ha ha) - as he of course may have his own
ideas - but just a suggestion...

> >> Much of the press release focuses on what's new/features, and that it's "enterprise
ready" with a long list of companies implementing - and a bit light on the community angle,
outside of the info on the wider apache foundation community.

> >> While I know it's a bit tricky, given that folks are contributing "as individuals"
- but somehow highlighting that the work in the release continues to reflect the increasing
community participation and contributions by a diverse group of developers and operators seems
like it might ... highlight a nice unified community feeling :)

> >> Is a citation/permission needed for this? (At least, a year, or "in their yearly
report," or something a bit more concrete seems like it would have more authenticity.)