From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack PMC taking on direct management of our trademark?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 15:51:58 GMT
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 09:11:58PM -0500, Amy Lindberg wrote:
> I am getting ready to start pulling together a simple brand guide. I was
> thinking about something similar to Skype and include the link below.  I
> thought maybe we could just add a link to the website? Does anyone have any
> objections before I get started?
>
> http://www.skype.com/en/legal/brand-guidelines/
>
> *Amy Lindberg*
> Director of Operations

Amy,

Thanks again for volunteering to work on this!  My thought is that it
would be focused on style / usage, since we have the existing trademark
usage guidelines page [1], which is in the footer of every page on
cloudstack.apache.org.  I'd suggest that your work would be added to
that page, and perhaps we also add a link to it from the main menu as
well.

Is that in-line with what you were thinking?

If so, I'd really suggest that you consider saving a copy of the source
"Markdown" text for that page [2] and edit / add so that we can easily apply
and publish it.  Images would probably be included (I assume), so you
can just include them in your version as you go.

If you aren't comfortable working in Markdown format, we can work with
whatever you are OK with (as long as style usage the style guide is simple,
so that it can be transitioned to the website format).

-chip

[1] http://cloudstack.apache.org/trademark-guidelines.html
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack/site/trunk/content/trademark-guidelines.mdtext