From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:44:47 GMT
Perfect. Thank you, Mark!

I'll start dovetailing your edits with the CloudStack Announcement format.

Warm regards,
Sally

<marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>; Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com>; Daan
Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>;
"hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF
Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
>Sent: Wednesday, 30 July 2014, 12:37
>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

>I think the tone should indicate continued momentum of the ACS project just because the
boilerplate format sometimes makes it hard to stand out.

>- Apache CloudStack (the project), where the format would follow what I had created for
the CloudMonkey news release; or
>Regards, Mark
>

>On Jul 30, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Hi there --just checking in to see if there's been any discussion/decision on this, as
it will help drive the proper "tone" for the announcement.

Mark R. Hinkle <mrhinkle@gmail.com>; "press@cloudstack.apache.org" <press@cloudstack.apache.org>;
Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>

outline, so the content will have more formal boilerplate, etc.

>>>Your choice; I'm happy to help either way. Mark's comments on the draft made me
realize that I had both hats on during the drafting process.

<marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>; Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles
Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>; "hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc
Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

<marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>; Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles
Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>; "hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc
Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

in working on our messaging. I took a shot at making it read a little smoother in this edition.
Not a final draft just a more easily digested version with my comments and some questions.

 list of users is too comprehensive I pared that down and put it into a project
 boilerplate I think we should pare it down farther as I am proud of our users it does make
things a bit hard to read.

[1], [2], and [3] are the most recent.

 pull up on the Gartner quote. IIRC, it's from a couple of years ago.

this out sooner rather than later.

<giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>; hugo@apache.org; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>;
Apache CloudStack Press Team <press@cloudstack.apache.org>; ASF Marketing & Publicity
<press@apache.org>
Re: press release for 4.4]

Re: press release for 4.4]

 for your help with this.

 computing software platform now
 efficient, with improved storage, monitoring, resource scheduling,

Foundation (ASF), the

"MORE FROM

have his own ideas - but just a suggestion...

that it's "enterprise ready" with a long list of companies implementing - and a bit light
on the community angle, outside of the info on the wider apache foundation community.

"as individuals" - but somehow highlighting that the work in the release continues to reflect
the increasing community participation and contributions by a diverse group of developers
and operators seems like it might ... highlight a nice unified community feeling :)

CloudStack is

 year, or "in their yearly report," or something a bit more concrete seems like it would have
more authenticity.)

Project in

 for DRS VMware and

BT Cloud,
China Advanced
University,
Telecom,
 LeaseWeb, MCPc,
 Microland Ltd, Nokia,
Schuberg
Stratosec,
Media Group,
University of

User Group
Conference,

Apache products,
For

Apache HTTP
Apache License;
 The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization,
Budget
HP,
Pivotal, Produban,

 All other