From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:21:09 GMT
Hi there --just checking in to see if there's been any discussion/decision on this, as it will
help drive the proper "tone" for the announcement.

Thanking you in advance,
Sally

= = = = =
vox +1 617 921 8656
skype sallykhudairi

Hinkle <mrhinkle@gmail.com>; "press@cloudstack.apache.org" <press@cloudstack.apache.org>;
Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>; "hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>;
Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

>Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:54
>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

>Just to clarify --we can issue this as an announcement from either:
>

>- Apache CloudStack (the project), where the format would follow what I had created for
the CloudMonkey news release; or
>- The ASF, where the format would follow our "major Apache project milestones" outline,
so the content will have more formal boilerplate, etc.

>Your choice; I'm happy to help either way. Mark's comments on the draft made me realize
that I had both hats on during the drafting process.

<marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>; Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles
Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>; "hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc
Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
>>Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:13
>>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release
for 4.4]

>>Thanks, Mark. I appreciate your editorial input!
>>

>>I'll take a peek and the googledoc and will follow-up online.
>>

>>Kind regards,
>>Sally
>>

>>>________________________________
>>> From: Mark R. Hinkle <mrhinkle@gmail.com>
>>>To: press@cloudstack.apache.org; Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>

>>>Cc: Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com>; "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org"
<marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>; Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles
Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>; "hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc
Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
>>>Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:10
>>>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release
for 4.4]

>>>IMHO the wording is a little awkward given the inputs from so many people in working
on our messaging. I took a shot at making it read a little smoother in this edition. Not a
final draft just a more easily digested version with my comments and some questions.

>>>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-PNizgMsvPLbhKLwXv2ntSQpIbl0PcHp1-ac38nq5Q8/edit?usp=sharing\
>>>
>>>I also think the
 list of users is too comprehensive I pared that down and put it into a project
 boilerplate I think we should pare it down farther as I am proud of our users it does make
things a bit hard to read.

>>>Regards, Mark

 pull up on the Gartner quote. IIRC, it's from a couple of years ago.

hugo@apache.org; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; Apache CloudStack Press Team
<press@cloudstack.apache.org>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

 for your help with this.

 computing software platform now
 efficient, with improved storage, monitoring, resource scheduling,

Open

"MORE FROM

own ideas - but just a suggestion...

"enterprise ready" with a long list of companies implementing - and a bit light on the community
angle, outside of the info on the wider apache foundation community.

individuals" - but somehow highlighting that the work in the release continues to reflect
the increasing community participation and contributions by a diverse group of developers
and operators seems like it might ... highlight a nice unified community feeling :)

Source

 year, or "in their yearly report," or something a bit more concrete seems like it would have
more authenticity.)

 for DRS VMware and

BT Cloud,
 LeaseWeb, MCPc,
 Microland Ltd, Nokia,
Stratosec,
Group,

Group

For

HTTP
ASF's
License;
 The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization,
HP,
Produban,

 All other
 brands and trademarks are the