From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:54:37 GMT
Just to clarify --we can issue this as an announcement from either:

- Apache CloudStack (the project), where the format would follow what I had created for the
CloudMonkey news release; or
- The ASF, where the format would follow our "major Apache project milestones" outline, so
the content will have more formal boilerplate, etc.

Your choice; I'm happy to help either way. Mark's comments on the draft made me realize that
I had both hats on during the drafting process.

Thanks for your patience,
Sally

= = = = =
vox +1 617 921 8656
skype sallykhudairi

Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>;
"hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF
Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
>Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:13
>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

>Thanks, Mark. I appreciate your editorial input!
>

>I'll take a peek and the googledoc and will follow-up online.
>

>Kind regards,
>Sally
>

>>________________________________
>> From: Mark R. Hinkle <mrhinkle@gmail.com>
>>To: press@cloudstack.apache.org; Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
>>Cc: Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com>; "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org"
<marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>; Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles
Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>; "hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc
Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
>>Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:10
>>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release
for 4.4]

>>IMHO the wording is a little awkward given the inputs from so many people in working
on our messaging. I took a shot at making it read a little smoother in this edition. Not a
final draft just a more easily digested version with my comments and some questions.

>>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-PNizgMsvPLbhKLwXv2ntSQpIbl0PcHp1-ac38nq5Q8/edit?usp=sharing\
>>
>>I also think the list of users is too comprehensive I pared that down and put it into
a project
 boilerplate I think we should pare it down farther as I am proud of our users it does make
things a bit hard to read.

hugo@apache.org; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; Apache CloudStack Press Team
<press@cloudstack.apache.org>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

 for your help with this.

 efficient, with improved storage, monitoring, resource scheduling,

Apache™

FROM

ideas - but just a suggestion...

ready" with a long list of companies implementing - and a bit light on the community angle,
outside of the info on the wider apache foundation community.

- but somehow highlighting that the work in the release continues to reflect the increasing
community participation and contributions by a diverse group of developers and operators seems
like it might ... highlight a nice unified community feeling :)

 year, or "in their yearly report," or something a bit more concrete seems like it would have
more authenticity.)

 for DRS VMware and

Cloud,
 Microland Ltd, Nokia,

 The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization,

 brands and trademarks are the

 with you to create a press release