From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:13:17 GMT
Thanks, Mark. I appreciate your editorial input!

I'll take a peek and the googledoc and will follow-up online.

Kind regards,
Sally

Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>; Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>;
"hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; ASF
Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>
>Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 14:10
>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

>IMHO the wording is a little awkward given the inputs from so many people in working on
our messaging. I took a shot at making it read a little smoother in this edition. Not a final
draft just a more easily digested version with my comments and some questions.

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-PNizgMsvPLbhKLwXv2ntSQpIbl0PcHp1-ac38nq5Q8/edit?usp=sharing\
>
>I also think the list of users is too comprehensive I pared that down and put it into
a project boilerplate I think we should pare it down farther as I am proud of our users it
does make things a bit hard to read.

hugo@apache.org; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; Apache CloudStack Press Team
<press@cloudstack.apache.org>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

>>> Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 12:49
>>> Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release
for 4.4]

FROM

>>> Not to put words in Hugo's mouth (ha ha) - as he of course may have his own ideas
- but just a suggestion...

>>> Much of the press release focuses on what's new/features, and that it's "enterprise
ready" with a long list of companies implementing - and a bit light on the community angle,
outside of the info on the wider apache foundation community.

>>> While I know it's a bit tricky, given that folks are contributing "as individuals"
- but somehow highlighting that the work in the release continues to reflect the increasing
community participation and contributions by a diverse group of developers and operators seems
like it might ... highlight a nice unified community feeling :)

>>> Is a citation/permission needed for this? (At least, a year, or "in their yearly
report," or something a bit more concrete seems like it would have more authenticity.)