From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:15:34 GMT

"hugo@apache.org" <hugo@apache.org>; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; Apache
CloudStack Press Team <press@cloudstack.apache.org>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

>Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 12:58
>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

>Thanks, Robyn --having a community-oriented quote would be fantastic, and always a good
idea.

>We often use this hook in our call-to-action closings; examples at [1], [2], and [3] are
the most recent.

>I'll see what I can pull up on the Gartner quote. IIRC, it's from a couple of years ago.

FOUND! It was from Lydia Leong's blog post in 2012.

We can leave as-is or adjust the sentence to read:

> Lauded by Lydia Leong of Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive
user interface ...

Thoughts?

-Sally

>Cheers & chat soon,
>Sally
>
>+ apologies for top-posting: running to a meeting and wanted to get this out sooner rather
than later.

>[1] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces60
>[2] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces59
>[3] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces58
>
>= = = = =
>vox +1 617 921 8656
>skype sallykhudairi
>

>>________________________________
>

>> From: Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com>
>>To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org; Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>

ready" with a long list of companies implementing - and a bit light on the community angle,
outside of the info on the wider apache foundation community.

>>While I know it's a bit tricky, given that folks are contributing "as individuals"
- but somehow highlighting that the work in the release continues to reflect the increasing
community participation and contributions by a diverse group of developers and operators seems
like it might ... highlight a nice unified community feeling :)

>>> Apache CloudStack users power billions of dollars' worth of business
>>> transactions annually across their clouds, and has become the Open Source
>>> platform for many service providers to set up on-demand, elastic public
>>> cloud computing services, as well as enterprises to set up a private or
>>> hybrid cloud for use by their own employees. In addition, CloudStack is
>>> available to individuals and organizations that wish to study and implement
>>> an IaaS for personal, educational, and/or production use.
>>>

>>> Lauded by Gartner Group as "a solid product",
>>
>>Is a citation/permission needed for this? (At least, a year, or "in their yearly report,"
or something a bit more concrete seems like it would have more authenticity.)