From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:58:23 GMT
Thanks, Robyn --having a community-oriented quote would be fantastic, and always a good idea.

We often use this hook in our call-to-action closings; examples at [1], [2], and [3] are the
most recent.

I'll see what I can pull up on the Gartner quote. IIRC, it's from a couple of years ago.

Cheers & chat soon,
Sally

+ apologies for top-posting: running to a meeting and wanted to get this out sooner rather
than later.

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces60
[2] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces59
[3] https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces58

= = = = =
vox +1 617 921 8656
skype sallykhudairi

hugo@apache.org; Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>; Apache CloudStack Press Team
<press@cloudstack.apache.org>; ASF Marketing & Publicity <press@apache.org>

>Sent: Monday, 28 July 2014, 12:49
>Subject: Re: [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for
4.4]

with a long list of companies implementing - and a bit light on the community angle, outside
of the info on the wider apache foundation community.

>While I know it's a bit tricky, given that folks are contributing "as individuals" - but
somehow highlighting that the work in the release continues to reflect the increasing community
participation and contributions by a diverse group of developers and operators seems like
it might ... highlight a nice unified community feeling :)

>> Apache CloudStack users power billions of dollars' worth of business
>> transactions annually across their clouds, and has become the Open Source
>> platform for many service providers to set up on-demand, elastic public
>> cloud computing services, as well as enterprises to set up a private or
>> hybrid cloud for use by their own employees. In addition, CloudStack is
>> available to individuals and organizations that wish to study and implement
>> an IaaS for personal, educational, and/or production use.
>>

>> Lauded by Gartner Group as "a solid product",
>
>Is a citation/permission needed for this? (At least, a year, or "in their yearly report,"
or something a bit more concrete seems like it would have more authenticity.)