From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject [DRAFT FOR REVIEW] Announcing CloudStack v4.4 [was Re: press release for 4.4]
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:04:57 GMT
Hello again! As promised, please review the initial draft below and forward any comments/corrections/additions.

Hugo, I'd also love a quote from you, as well as any supporting quotes from the community
(let's limit this to no more than 3-5).

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

- Sally

+ copying press@cloudstack.a.o as well as press@apache.org to keep everyone in the loop. I'd
like to move the final editing process over to press@ once comments/quotes are received.

= = =

The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache™ CloudStack™ v4.4

Mature, easy-to-deploy Open Source IaaS Cloud computing software platform now more efficient,
with improved storage, monitoring, resource scheduling, virtualization, and performance.

Forest Hill, MD –NN August 2014– The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), the all-volunteer
developers, stewards, and incubators of more than 170 Open Source projects and initiatives,
announced today the availability of Apache™ CloudStack™ v4.4, the mature, Open Source
turnkey software platform used for creating Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud computing
in private-, public-, and hybrid cloud environments.

"QUOTE," said Hugo Trippaers, Vice President of Apache CloudStack. "MORE FROM HUGO."

Apache CloudStack users power billions of dollars' worth of business transactions annually
across their clouds, and has become the Open Source platform for many service providers to
set up on-demand, elastic public cloud computing services, as well as enterprises to set up
a private or hybrid cloud for use by their own employees. In addition, CloudStack is available
to individuals and organizations that wish to study and implement an IaaS for personal, educational,
and/or production use.

Lauded by Gartner Group as "a solid product", CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface
and rich APIs for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage infrastructure resources.
CloudStack entered the Apache Incubator in April 2012 and became an Apache Top-level Project
in March 2013.

CloudStack v4.4 reflects dozens of new features and improvements, including root disk resize
and storage management, support for DRS VMware and Microsoft Windows Hyper-V, Virtual Router
notification, and 135 bug fixes, as detailed in the release notes http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/latest/

CloudStack is in use/production at Alcatel-Lucent, ASG, Autodesk, BT Cloud, Bechtle AG, China
Telecom, Cloudera, DataPipe, Dell, Digital China Advanced Systems, Disney, Edmunds.com, Exoscale,
GreenQloud, Hokkaido University, Huawei, IDC Frontier, Ikoula, Juniper Networks, KDDI, KT/Korea
Telecom, Kyuden Infocom, Kyushu University, LeaseWeb, MCPc, Microland Ltd, Nokia, NTT, NVision
Group, Orange, PCextreme, PPTV, Safe Swiss Cloud, Schuberg Philis, ShapeBlue, Shopzilla, Slovak
Telekom, SolidFire Storage, Stratosec, SunGard AS, Taiwan Mobile, Targus Technologies, Tata,
Trader Media Group, TrendMicro/TCloud Computing, TomTom, University of Melbourne, University
of Sao Paolo, Verizon, WebMD, Zenoss, and Zynga, among others.

[@@CLOSING QUOTE FROM HUGO.]

Catch Apache CloudStack in action at the 20th Japan CloudStack User Group MeetUp (Osaka Prefecture;
1 August 2014 @cloudstackja, http://lanyrd.com/2014/csstudy20/) and CloudStack Collaboration
Conference, the official user/developer conference of the Apache CloudStack community (Budapest,
Hungary, 19-21 November 2014). For more information and to register, visit http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudstack-collaboration-conference-europe
and follow @CCCEU14 on Twitter.

Availability and Oversight
CloudStack v4.4 is available immediately as a free download from http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html.
As with all Apache products, Apache CloudStack software is released under the Apache License
v2.0, and is overseen by a self-selected team of active contributors to the project. A Project
Management Committee (PMC) guides the Project's day-to-day operations, including community
development and product releases. For documentation and ways to become involved with Apache
CloudStack, visit http://cloudstack.apache.org/ and @CloudStack on Twitter.

About The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
Established in 1999, the all-volunteer Foundation oversees more than one hundred and seventy
leading Open Source projects, including Apache HTTP Server --the world's most popular Web
server software. Through the ASF's meritocratic process known as "The Apache Way," more than
450 individual Members and 3,500 Committers successfully collaborate to develop freely available
enterprise-grade software, benefiting millions of users worldwide: thousands of software solutions
are distributed under the Apache License; and the community actively participates in ASF mailing
lists, mentoring initiatives, and ApacheCon, the Foundation's official user conference, trainings,
and expo. The ASF is a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization, funded by individual donations
and corporate sponsors including Budget Direct, Citrix, Cloudera, Comcast, Facebook, Google,
Hortonworks, HP, Huawei, IBM, InMotion Hosting, Matt Mullenweg, Microsoft, Pivotal, Produban,
WANdisco, and Yahoo.
 For more information, visit http://www.apache.org/ or follow @TheASF on Twitter.

"Apache", "Apache CloudStack", "CloudStack", "ApacheCon", the Apache CloudStack logo, and
the Apache CloudStack Cloud Monkey logo are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.
All other brands and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

# # #

[MEDIA CONTACT -SALLY]

Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>