From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE][ACS44] Apache CloudStack 4.4.0 is released
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:37:25 GMT
I just noticed that we forgot to include links for downloading, etc.

At a minimum we should point to http://cloudstack.apache.org/ ...Next time!

My apologies for not catching this before pushing it through moderation.

-Sally

>________________________________

of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
cloud computing platform. CloudStack is used by a number of service providers to offer public
cloud services, and by many companies to provide an on-premises (private) cloud offering,
or as part of a hybrid cloud solution.

>>Version 4.4.0 contains
>>* 135 bugfixes
>>* 12 New Features
>>* 9 Improvements
>>

>>Root disk resize
>>Allow Root disk resize which remove need to have multiple templates of the same Operating
System for different disk size.

>>Root disks on Managed storage
>>Use of Primary Storage Plug-in for Root disks. The storage Plug-in module was previously
available only for Data disk. The Storage Plug-in allow Creation of LUN per Virtual Disk at
the Storage device which can benefit from the Storage Appliance features such as deduplication,
thin provisioning or better usage reporting.

>>VMWare Support for DRS
>>VMware DRS(Distributed Resource Scheduler), VM HA(High Availability): Provide highly
available resources to your workloads. Balance workloads for optimal performance. Scale and
manage computing resources without service disruption.