From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache CloudStack + Partner Proposal - Cloud Expo Europe
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 18:56:38 GMT
Thanks, Giles.

+1 across the board; no objections on my end.

-Sally

>________________________________

with Euca, opennebula and the other one)

>I’ve already reached out to Mark/Karen to see if they can find a booth. We should be
able to drum up some volunteers to man it.

>Cloudexpo are a very commercially driven organisation and the catch is that they want
commercial sponsors to come in and take space also. I managed to get over 2 things to them:

>1.       I wasn’t going to do their sales for them
>2.       I wanted them to be clear that the project would be invited irrespective
of whether we can find any commercial sponsors

>So two questions
>1.       any objections to this? (obviously subject to mock-ups, committer attendance
,etc)
>2.       Any other commercial orgs on this list mind putting their name forward
as a *potential* sponsor. I don’t actually mind whether you sponsor or not, it just shows
that we’re prepared to play their game a little

>Kind Regards
>Giles
>
>D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
>Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

discussions with the “meritocracy” are going—hopefully we can say your project is fully
on board soon.

>I have put together a proposal for Apache CloudStack and written up what we would be offering
the companies you put us in touch with. Feel free to comment and make suggestions based on
what the greater project group has to say. Also, please note the visual I sent you is a working
graphic and as it is at the planning stage feel free to make any amendments.

>Apache project proposal:
>-          Open Cloud & Developer Park:
>o   Fully branded corner
>o   Currently the visual displays just a table and chairs, but in reality it will be
a bare space (turf underneath) for you to design and brand as you wish
>o   Your logo will be on the outside of your corner of the Park
>o   You will receive data from every attendee who walks in to the Park over the course
of the two days

>-          Presentations in Open Cloud & Developer Park Presentation Circle:

>o   You will have one 20 min slot per day in the Open Cloud & Developer Park Presentation
Circle
>o   We will discuss other speaking slots and workshops in one of the other theatres
depending on your key objectives for this event –and we will look into getting a panel together
with all 4 partners through our Conference Producer.

>-          Marketing and Branding as Feature Sponsor:
>o   Logo to appear on:
>§  Over 250,000 print invitations and conference brochures
>§  4 million+ e-mail marketing invitation imprints
>§  All Promotional e-mails
>§  www.cloudexpoeurope.com website with a link to a landing page of your choice, plus
150 words
>o   Feature about Apache CloudStack in Cloud Expo Europe newsletter
>o   Press Service: opportunity to liaise with attending press pre-show to arrange interviews
>o   Opportunity to co-market the event to your prospects with personalised promotions
designed by the Cloud Expo Europe Marketing Team
>o   Opportunity to nominate 20 prospects for us to contact  (on your behalf and subject
to approval) as part of our VIP telemarketing campaign

>-          TOTAL COST = No cost for Apache CloudStack provided you put us in
touch with relevant people within commercial companies to approach, with your backing
>o   You would be covering the cost of any additional build and branding for your corner
of the park

>Package for your partners:
>-          Pod in Park includes:
>o   Table
>o   Plasma screen
>o   Back wall panel carrying partner logo
>o   Electricity and lighting
>-          Slot in Open Cloud & Developer Park Presentation Circle
>o   20 minute presentation session, self-led
>o   They can scan their leads to their session
>-          Marketing campaign:
>o   Logo to appear on:
>§  Promotional e-mails
>§  Website homepage
>§  Company name and profile in the show guide
>o   Opportunity to co-market the event to your prospects with personalised promotions
designed by the Cloud Expo Europe Marketing Team
>o   Opportunity to nominate 20 prospects for us to contact  (on your behalf and subject
to approval) as part of our VIP telemarketing campaign
>o   Cloud Expo Europe to place an outline of the sessions in the Show Guide and outside
the park entrance.

>-          TOTAL COST: £4,500 per Apache Partner (not exhibiting in main hall)
OR £2,000 per partner who has already committed to a stand elsewhere on the floor who wants
additional targeted presence

>As I mentioned, I am on vacation from Friday next week for two weeks and Claire, copied
in, will be your point of contact in my absence.

>I will contact you when I am back in the country the week of the 28th of July to continue
moving this feature along, but please reach out to Claire with contacts in the meantime. Have
a lovely, warm July!

>All the best,
>
>Laila Selener
>
>020 7348 1847 •  l.selener@closerstillmedia.com
>

>Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>
>IaaS Cloud Design & Build
>CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework
>CloudStack Consulting
>CloudStack Infrastructure Support
>CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses
>

>This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the
use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely