From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:18:17 GMT
This is awesome on Nux's part. I am thrilled to see this come to fruition.

This is not an official CloudStack deployment. There are a number of
reasons why this needs to be external (for instance, much of what he
has up for download is GPL-licensed; it's not our software, etc) In
addition, Infra does well to distribute the software we actually
produce, we'd politely decline the offer to provide a service like Nux
has stood up. :)

--David

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Sally Khudairi
<sallykhudairi@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Cool --thanks, Lucian!
>
> Just so I understand, this is a supporting repository and not an "official" CloudStack
project resource, correct?

> If so, totally fine: please do continue as intended. If not, I suspect this might need
to reside somewhere in the cloudstack.apache.org/* home.

> I'd love feedback from the community if you're planning to give folks a peek at tomorrow's
meeting!

> Cheers,
> Sally

might be worth a mention at tomorrow's European meeting in London.

>>I'll add a lot more templates, with a focus on CentOS and Cloudstack, of course, as
this is where my interests lie at the moment.
>>In time I will add more OSes and platforms (Openstack and OpenNebula).
>>
>>The templates are built on/for KVM, but should be able to boot on a variety of hypervisors
(I think it will work on Xen/Xenserver, VMware, HyperV), although the file format is QCOW2.
>>I'll have to check my resources to see if I can afford the extra disk space and CPU
time to offer VHD/RAW files as well.