cloudstack-marketing mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Survey & known user list
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 17:35:41 GMT
Happening now.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Giles Sirett
<giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> David - I may have the commit privileges but now's the time 'fess up and say - I've got
NO idea how to make that live
> (Sebastian did the work on staging and I think he's  currently getting involved with
a chateau margaux 73)
>
> Can anybody else do it ?
>
> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
> Sent: 27 June 2014 18:30
> To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Survey & known user list
>
> Agreed - you have commit privs, make the changes. If someone doesn't like it, they can
veto and revert.
>
> --David
>
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Chip Childers <chipchilders@apache.org> wrote:
>> Lazy consensus... nothing formal required AFAIK.  Nobody has objected
>> to doing this at all, and there have been many emails on the topic.
>>
>> I say JFDI (just freaking do it).
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Giles Sirett
>> <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>> Just bumping this as I’d love to get it live today
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> What is the change control process on the website ? – can we just
>>> publish these changes?  - if it requires [vote] or [discuss] on here,
>>> can we  please do so !
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Kind Regards
>>>
>>> Giles
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
>>>
>>> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> From: Giles Sirett [mailto:giles.sirett@gmail.com]
>>> Sent: 27 June 2014 15:17
>>>
>>>
>>> To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
>>> Subject: Survey & known user list
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> All
>>>
>>> This sort of combines 2 recent threads.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> SURVEY
>>>
>>> The ACS adoption survey I’ve been working on is just about complete.
>>>
>>> Sebastien has embedded in the ACS website here
>>>
>>> http://cloudstack.staging.apache.org/survey.html (only on staging)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> KNOWN USER LIST
>>>
>>> We’ve also taken the known user list that Sally has been working on
>>> and published it here:
>>>
>>> http://cloudstack.staging.apache.org/users.html
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Also notice the new top level menu item “Users”
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Phase 2 would be to get a description of each company and their use &
>>> maybe categorise them by company type
>>>
>>> My plan is that we use the survey, ultimately, to drive the list of
>>> users (can automate or not, that’s not the important thing)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Since I published that list on SB.com , theres been a whole load of
>>> chatter on lnkedin/twitter and I’ve had a few personal messages.
>>> Bascially, we have new users coming out of the woodwork.
>>>
>>> I think seeing the names of others published is encouraging them to “talk”
>>> also
>>>
>>> If possible, I would like to get these changes to the website live
>>> today to harness that chatter to try and see if we can get people
>>> (who maybe wouldn’t
>>> otherwise) to complete the survey
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> What is the change control process on the website ? – can we just
>>> publish these changes?  - if it requires [vote] or [discuss] on here,
>>> can we  please do so !
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
>>> services
>>>
>>>
>>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build
>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework CloudStack Consulting
>>> CloudStack Infrastructure Support CloudStack Bootcamp Training
>>> Courses
>>>
>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
>>> intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
>>> addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
>>> author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or
>>> related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this
>>> email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
>>> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
>>> you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
>>> incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
>>> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from
>>> Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company
>>> incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue
is a registered trademark.
> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>
> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England
& Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated
in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Mime
View raw message