From Harm Boertien <HBoert...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: GigaOm Structure Panel on Open Cloud
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:16:40 GMT
Sounds like a great idea.

BTW with regards to the piece on gigaom, there is also a point in we should not fight each
other within OpenSource.
We should learn and benefit from each other. Yes this sounds very hippie, but there's a lot
of truth in there.

In the end it doesn't really matter what IaaS layer your running, but it better be an OpenSource
IaaS layer.
There is much benefit in this approach as we keep on fighting closed source (Azure/Amazon/Google/VMWare)
will "win".

So let's have some OpenStack speakers in Budapest in how to run a large project successfully.
Or how should we market CloudStack.

We are OpenSource guys. There is really no winning in this game.

Of course there are business interests, like there are business interests within my company.
In the end both will benefit if CloudStack and OpenStack work well together.
Think about that.

PS. And I like the idea of organizing a golf day, and I will discuss it here, to see if we
can do it nearby.
But we need indeed that list of people whom we can invite. And it will be on OpenSource, not
about CloudStack solely. That is IMHO to small of a subject.

Harm