From "sallykhudairi@yahoo.com" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Introduction; assistance with CloudStack outreach
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 19:47:43 GMT
Thanks so much, Chip.

Indeed --this has been very helpful! I'm pulling together a communications kit-of-parts and
hope to have some items to review with you and members of this list soon.

Kind regards,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse spelling/spacing errors and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Chip Childers" <chipchilders@apache.org>
To: <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>, "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>
Cc: "ASF Marketing & Publicity" <press@apache.org>
Subject: Introduction; assistance with CloudStack outreach
Date: Mon, Jun 2, 2014 15:18

Looping back to this Sally.

Have you gotten what you need?  Can we help flesh out anything in
particular?  Obviously we don't have the best material at the moment,
but we have what we have...

-chip

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 03:52:47PM +0100, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> Hello everyone --I hope this note finds you all well.
>

> For those who don't know me: I am the VP of Marketing & Publicity at The Apache Software
Foundation, and have been overseeing the ASF's publicly-facing initiatives since its incorporation
15 years ago.

> I understand that CloudStack is one of the small handfuls of Apache projects with dedicated
individuals who are focused on marketing the project. This is a Very Good Thing. Your efforts
are much needed and appreciated. Thank you!

> I've subscribed to this list to become better acquainted with your day-to-day activities,
as well as to liaise with any opportunities for Apache CloudStack from the Foundation level.
The interest in Project-specific marketing is slowly growing and I'd love to be able to point
to CloudStack as one of our success stories.

> To that end, please let me know if there any specific issues that require my attention,
as well as any project milestones where we can dovetail our efforts in helping get the word
out.

> For my edification, and to bolster my outreach activities, if you can please provide
(or point me to) the following, that would be of help:

>  - Apache CloudStack boilerplate --is there more than one version? Who owns this editorially?
>  - How we use it --demonstrate deployments of CloudStack that can be presented publicly.
Do we have any whitepapers? Use cases?
>  - Partners --testimonials, presentations from those who use CloudStack across different
use cases/perspectives: software provider, service provider, end-user

>  - What does CloudStack mean to you? --5 word descriptors
>
>  - How is CloudStack better than other solutions? --who are the other players, both usual
suspects as well as up-and-comers

& Publicity list at press@apache.org or directly to sk@apache.org