From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What's Our Battle Cry? CloudStack the Cloud that Just Works
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:32:30 GMT
Rohit,

Quick correction to below — My information is _not_ “official”.  Critical missing word.

Thanks,
-John

On Jun 3, 2014, at 10:19 AM, John Burwell <jburwell@basho.com> wrote:

> Rohit,
>
> My information is “official” by any means — just based on informal conversations
between folks in the trenches.  This note [1] in their forum provides a (very) slight glimpse
into their thinking. Given Digital Ocean’s visibility. I would imagine they would be getting
a metric ton of press if they used one of the open source IaaS platforms.

> Thanks,
> -John
>
> [1]: https://digitalocean.uservoice.com/forums/136585-digitalocean/suggestions/3572231-implement-openstack-as-backend
>
> On Jun 3, 2014, at 10:13 AM, Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM, John Burwell <jburwell@basho.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Rohit,
>>>
>>> DigitalOcean is neither OpenStack or Cloudstack.  They built their a custom
>>> compute orchestration layer built in Perl atop KVM.  I believe they have
>>> considered future development shifting towards either Erlang or Go.
>>>

>> Hi John, thanks for the information. In that case there are people
>> marketing wrong information in the tech community who need to be checked
>> and we need to be more aggressive in future offline/online CloudStack vs.
>> OpenStack discussions.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> -John