From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Its Friday and I'm smiling
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:31:00 GMT
All

I know we can sometimes get a bit downbeat in this community about the looming shadow of a
certain other opensource IaaS platform that grabs all the attention.

I just thought I'd share this email that I was just CC'd on (edited slightly for confidentiality).

=========================

"I want to move to cloudstack, after pushing so hard for openstack. In hindsight the glammer
of an all singing-dancing cloud system has not happened -just lots of pain and frustration
at lack of implementation ( even with Fuel v5). I wish cloudstack 4.3 had been released earlier
as the previous version I discounted as not offering the requirements.

I now believe a change to cloudstack with xenserver hosts would be best option. We use xenserver
now for dev and test systems and from the mailing lists understand we can redeploy these VMs
to a cloudstack system. ....... when deploying Openstack (what a nightmare that has been for
a simple 4 node system).

I have to say that the cloustack mailing list is more responsive than openstack which gives
me comfort. I just need to get my line manager to agree to change direction which will be
decided tomorrow afternoon."

It put a smile on my face and made me remember just how great CloudStack is.

Keep up the good work everybody !

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett